Spider

📚

"Mia" he calls for me and I look over to the other side of the room seeing him already walking off, what's he up to now.

"Max give me a sec will you"

"Yeah of course" he takes the loaded gun from me as I walk over to the kitchen where I find him leaning against the countertop.

"Hey, you okay" I frown nearing him, he glances up at me with a rather worried look.

"I need you to wear something and not ask anything about it"

"Nicholas-"

"Mia please, this whole thing is already fucked as it is, all I'm asking from you is to wear one thing"

I stand in front of him having a debate war in my mind "no question?"

"No questions"

Oh for the love of god he's lucky I love him "fine"

His whole demeanour changes to a thankful one and I just smile as he takes something out of his pocket. It's a flat black box and when he opens it I'm even more confused, it almost looks like a spider. The entire thing is silver and can fit into the palm of your hand with ease and yet it looks terrifying. I mentally trace over its long silver legs that have 4 on each side, they're so thin that they almost look transparent, instead of a spiders body though there's simply a round gem that's comfortably sat right in the centre and the more I try to figure out what it is, the more I'm left confused. The gem is pretty though, its almost see through except for the fact it's just a very light shade of white, maybe even silver, I don't really know but when the sun hits onto it you can't stop your eyes from widening.

It quite literally sparkles and to put it plainly, it's beautiful.

"So how exactly am I mean to wear that"

He moves forward setting the box behind him as he gently carries the weird thing in his hand "just don't move"

"Okay well that doesn't calm me for even a minute" still he carries on walking towards me until he lifts my shirt and I freeze. I look around me and come to relax as Lev and Max are still by the front door, Nicholas on the other hand placed the cold and odd objects right in-between my breasts.

"Nicholas what the fuck is this thing"

Then the next thing I know it feels like a thousand needles just sunk into my chest, he holds me up as I bend forward trying to shake the sudden pain that has rolled across my chest.

"No questions, remember"

"Did you just permanently attach that freaky thing into my body?"

He sighs cupping my face in his hands "no" his lips stretch into a smile "it'll come off when this whole thing is over, promise" I'm pulled in as he kisses me.

"Are you guys ready?" Lev shouts through making us pull away.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Ready" and whatever doubt he had before has turned into an emotion I've seen only a few times from him, it's bloody and completely unhinged. God help whoever we encounter.

——-

Nicholas moves ahead of us to what seems to be nothing but a wall covered in vines and overgrown bushes, that was until the whole wall started to rumble and open right before our eyes. Inside was nothing sort of ordinary, as we stepped in further and looked down to what seems to be a pit, it's safe to say we all got goosebumps. A whole army is stood straight in unison barely looking like they're breathing. Compared to Donte's little men these look terrifying, they all have this black charcoal streaks painted across their eyes and a mask covering the rest of their faces, whoever they are were trained well. Their bodies are covered in a whole personal arsenal it seems, knives, extra guns, mags, I mean they look prepared for just about anything. From the top of their heads to the very tip of their boots are nothing but all black, they almost merge as one from all the way up here.