Panic

📚

As i climb up the jets steps i smell a certain someone that i hope I'm wrong about-

"Hey Mia"

Nope. I was right, Himiko. she's comfortably sat in her white seat with a Champaigne glass in her hand. Max turns in his seat looking up at me with nothing short of desperation. Safe to say he's probably thinking of ways to kill himself by now. Bane brushes against me as he comes to a stop just behind me, i hear him sigh as he sees the one and only Himiko.

"Hey Honey, I'm back"

"Trust me, no one missed that fact" Max groans.

"Come, sit next to me" she pats down for Bane and i waste no time in moving so that he could, i take a seat with Max who's probably the only person that's happy to see me.

"Did you get everything?"

"I didn't need much-" Bane walks past us but not before handing me my knife back that i had thrown at him. He places it gently on my lap making sure the sharp bit stays as far away from my skin as it can. Max looks up at him but i keep myself glued to anything but his annoying face.

"How and why does he have your knife?" He whispers to me when he walks away.

"I might've tried to kill him again" i click my seatbelt on just as we begin moving. Max muffles a laugh which in all honesty perks my interest "are you two not talking?"

There's a sad sort of look that flutters over him but it's gone in a blink of an eye "no" he sits back stealing a glance at who I'm guessing is Bane "after what happened i couldn't look at him the same. Our loyalty lie deeply rooted Mia don't get me wrong, but this was something that shook that pact completely to shits. I really thought he loved you, hell we were all planning your fucking wedding"

I jump out of my own skin and have to physically suck in a long breath to comprehend his words but he just chuckles agreeing with my reaction "we'll talk about this later okay?"

"Yeah..." i reply still so completely lost. Wedding? me and Bane? now that's just hilarious. He throws a blanket over his head and falls asleep somewhere along the line but i wouldn't be able to tell you when exactly that was, my head is still thinking about what he just said.

"Hey" i pull away from my window meeting Himiko who has just croached down to my seat "can i get you anything to drink? i haven't seen you eat anything this wh-"

"What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" she asks so innocently i nearly vomit.

"Why are you near me let alone speaking to me?"

"Oh, well Bane is sleeping and i just thought-"

"Himiko"

"Yeah?"

"Remove yourself from my seat, otherwise that hatch over there holding the door shut won't be so closed for long"

"Mia-"

"Now"

She looks down swallowing what i know is her actual personality before looking back up to me with a smile, she stands up walking to the front of the jet and behind some curtains. I turn in my chair to find Bane sleeping although i know damn well that's bullshit. He only did it so Himiko would stop talking and as i keep staring his lips stretch into a smirk making me sink deeper into my chair with a groan. I swear even thousands of feet in the air can't help me escape him.

"Hey wake up dumbass" i tap his shoulder once more and finally after what felt like ages his eyes open "you know, on different circumstances i would've believed you were dead but seeing as no one here touched you I've come to an ultimate conclusion that you're just a big fat whale when you sleep"

"Good morning to you too Mia"

I smile as i go ahead and leave the jet. Max follows shortly after stretching his stiff limbs after sleeping the whole way here. Fucking idiot had me seriously believing he was dead for a moment.

The rest of the way was just pure silently, Himiko had herself sat close by to Bane the whole ride to the hotel and coincidently fell asleep on his arm shortly after. Max also fell asleep once again to no ones suprise and unfortunately for me i was left wide awake with Bane. I felt him looking at me every couple of minutes as if i would disappear if he didnt, i ignored him a couple of time whilst the other two or three times weren't so lucky. I might've looked at him whilst he was already staring at me which did nothing but make the situation worse, and yes i call it a situation because its one i hope to soon fix. I thought about ways i would go on to do so and honestly none of them make me happy in the least, or better they dont really satisfy me. A couple of them involved ripping his eyes out with some sort of suctioning device, another was to quite simply kill him and get rid of him for good but each thought lacks creativity and what's the point of torture if you can't impress yourself in the end.

The hotel itself has the warmest feeling to it. It smells like newly washed clothes with freshly baked cookies all in one, my skin heats at the feeling. We all got separate rooms except for Himiko because spoiler alert the bitch wasnt invite nor needed. Bane left her at the front desk as we all went our separate ways to get dressed for the night and once we all were ready to go Max at the last second called us into his room which is why at this very moment i nearly just killed him.

"NO"

"Okay....but maybe change that into a yes?"

"No" i say again for the tenth time.

"Mia-"

"I really dont understand the need for all of that. Our plan- actually there's no plan at all because its quite simple, we come in, talk and leave. So why are you complicating things so much!"

"I think he's right" Bane chips in. He's all dressed up. Black suit with a white button blause that's not entirely all buttoned up. He's a whore what can i say.

"See"

"No offence Max but fuck off"

"None taken princess but I'm serious" this time he moves away from the other side of the bed that he has called 'very much needed protection from you' and stands in front of me "this is for your safety, plus he said 'boyfriend' remember?"

"Yeah so?"

"So clearly the two of you still being together intimidates someone a lot more than they'd like to admit. So, for just one single night i need you to pretend nothing ever happened, that's not even 7 hours"

I hate the skin I'm trapped in right now. I hate how wrong everything about me feels, its like my skin isn't sat right, my hair feels like a parasite, my heartbeat feels like it doesn't belong to me and i swear i can feel the bones in my body moving against each other every time i breath or move. In other words, I'm having a panic attack.