Nearly

📚

"Show me"

I watch as he lifts his black shirt up just a little but enough for me to see a-

"Nicholas that's a stab wound- how- I mean what-"

"I tripped"

"Yeah into who? Because-"

"It was- slippery"

I stand there staring at him as if he's the dumbest person I have ever seen, because right that's exactly what he is.

"Take your shirt off"

He chuckles briefly but when I shoot daggers into him he nods dipping his head slow without another remark. Alright so now I have a shirtless Nicholas standing before me, okay.

I slip on a pair of gloves taking a closer look at the wound itself. Normally I wouldn't be the one looking at these kinds of things but seeing as Max is cooking I'm not exactly about to ruin that for everyone else, and plus, I know how to fix something this simple. Yet right now I'm more than just nervous.

The height difference doesn't make it easy at all, he's so much taller than me but the cut is so low that I have to balance on my knees to actually make sure I'm doing it all right.

"Alright pass me some wipes" I stretch my hand up not looking away from the cut, a second later goes by and there's nothing being passed down making me look up. He's- well he looks flushed.

"Nicholas?" Nothing "are you okay?" For a moment I think he might pass out so I jump to my feet grabbing onto him.

"Are you okay what's wrong?" I know him, a stab like this is a mere paper cut to him so why does he look like he's about to pass out?

"I'm fine" his voice rumbles but it's more of a whisper "I'm okay"

"You look like you're about to pass out, what actually happened?"

"It's not- it's not the cut Mia" he says breathing faster and faster.

"Nicholas you're scaring me what's wrong?"

"You"

Huh "what?"

"God Mia you!"

"Alright so I'm going to just assume whatever you got stabbed by had some sort of something laced around it"

He chuckles, he actually chuckles and it makes my stomach do back flips.

"Stay still and let me fix you up" I get back down bringing the kit along down with me this time. Patching him up only took at least 5 minutes, the wound itself only needed 15 stitches in total but the more I look at it the more it doesn't sit right with me. I stand up stopping him from putting his shirt back on.

"I've been stabbed too many times to count Nicholas"

"23 times"

I blink then don't blink at all "right.. right so that's how I know that this" I look down at his waist "wasn't an accident. Nicholas what actually happened, and don't lie to me"

"I did it"

I back away frowning as he stares at me "you what now?" Nothing, not a word "Nicholas why would you-"

"I needed to speak to you again"

"Oh my god you what is wrong with you, you could've died are you insane?" I begin walking up and the down the bathroom feeling lightheaded myself.

"Thank you for talking to me- and for this"

I stop in my pace and instead walk towards him slamming him back into the counter he was just prompt up against.