Date

📚

The rain wakes me up first, I don't open my eyes immediately in fear I'll spoil the moment at hand.

Although it's flawed it's also filled with happiness that I more than lack, so I stay deathly still. The rain splashes all around the hotel and under my arm lays a familiar human being. One I don't need the openings of my eyes to recall his features, it's haunting and yet rewarding. I feel his hand settle higher on my lower back and it's then when I realise I'm laying entirely on top of him. This on the other hand makes me halt.

"You weight nothing, literally not even a feathers worth of weight. Don't move"

Should I be surprised he knew I was awake or just accept the fact it will always leave me extremely confused, anyone?

"Why am I on top of you?"

"It's a small bed and I didn't want you falling" he mumbles, still deep in his sleep.

"Nicholas, this is a king sized bed. Not a single"

"Small"

"No, big, very big"

"Are we still talking about the bed or...?" I can practically feel him smirking as he says that.

"Ugh" I groan setting my hands on both his shoulders to lift myself up only he grabs them pulling me back on top of him.

"I'm cold" he groans.

"There's a perfectly thick blanket specially made for such things just below us, let go"

"Yeah but that's just too far and you're right here"

"I'm not your blanket"

"Right now you're exactly that, but better"

"Right well this blanket wants off"

"Blankets can't talk"

"This blanket can do more than talk, this blanket can and will punch you in a second"

His body moves and along with it me. My back hits his soft mattress and I open my eyes finally seeing him staring over me, his arm stays under my head keeping me in his grasp.

"You want to punch me?" He smiles and I'm dead. He looks so....

"Maybe- yes, no, no, maybe?"

"More No's than yes's"

"Cocky and annoying"

"For you anything"

"Anything?"

"Besides listen to you telling me to let go off you of course"

"Mmmm see that's a problem"

"How so?"

"Well because in the real world this doesn't exist"

"Well lucky for us we're not in the real world just yet"

I stay still, just laying under him in his soft hold. The rain carries on with its mission ignoring everything else in its path and while the rain has no issue doing so I very much do. Real world or not I'm still in his arms, my eyes are still sinking in with his. My body jumps slightly from his other hand as it sets on my lower waist, it doesn't move, he doesn't try anything he just wants to feel me. Feel me be real. And I am real, so then why is he staring at me like I'm not.

"What are you thinking about" I ask catching myself off guard, normally that's his question and not mine but right now i need to know what's going on in that mind of his.

He smiles once again "Would you believe me if I said only you?"

I roll my eyes putting both my hands across my face, he's frustratingly, annoyingly, and very insufferably attractive, even if I really wanted to punch his face there's no denying that.

"How are you?"

"Well right now I'm being held against my will but as for later who knows, it's only what? 10 in the morning"

"Just about"

"Then the possibilities are endless" I stare at him as looking anywhere else is pretty impossible, he's made sure of that.

"Would you go out on a date with me?"

I completely exit my body. My hands fly to his chest, my legs tie around his waist and I flip him over in a blink.

"Did you-why- you can't ask me out-"

"Why not?" His hands set themselves onto my hips as I sit on top of him shamelessly. Fuck me.

"You're actually driving me insane" I tuck the loose hair from my face behind my ears and feel the lightheadedness creep in. His hands on my hips, my body pressed against his-, his suffocating gaze on mine.... Hell.

"Why not?" He reminds.

"Because this isn't how this works"

"Oh I know how this works, it's all on you and I'm all for it, I'll do whatever you say I have to. But all I ask is for one date, one"

"Why?"

"Because I want to do all of this the right way, I want us back. I'll understand completely if you don't or if you change your mind down the line, I'll get it. But for me there's no other thoughts, no other option in my mind other than what I want"

"Me, you want me"

He smiles nodding "all the time"

"Well even if I wanted to say yes I couldn't"

"Why?"

I sigh as the time to walk into the real world arrives "Come with me"

He frowns but follows me as I climb of him, I open the door and feel him right behind me holding it open the rest of the way with his arm stretched over above me. But I freeze turning around.

"How's your waist?"

"That's what your thinking about at 10 in the morning?"

"That and food"

"It's fine"

"Bullshit" I lift his shirt up checking for any infection or anything that could lookwrong, but besides from it being red and slightly purple it looks to be good.

"I'm fine"

"Your version of fine cannot be trusted"

He chuckles as I walk on towards the lift.