Twelve thousand and four

📚

7 hours before

His pale face furrows as he traces his glance all over my face, clearly I look like shit if he's worried all of a sudden, he sighs resting his head back on the wall "Bane is going to KILL me"

"No he wont- can you please for the love of god stay still you're making too much noise" he shuffles once again and I swear the thought to kill him was present, he freezes when he sees me just staring at him, he nods his head fast in understandment, if he moves again I'll knock him out.

"Mia you're bleeding"

"If I am then I can't feel it which means I'm fine" i sigh pushing myself closer to the wall covered in bullet holes myself. "You need to press down on it harder Max" i whisper as i take a peak at the empty room in front of me but as empty as it may be, i know they're coming, we both know it.

"I can't, its not stopping"

"Just hold on for a few more seconds it's nearly done"

He lets out a long breath as he presses down on his leg, i look over at him finding him shaking from the pain. Once again we find ourselves trapped together with one of us barely being able to function.

"This is going to hurt, like a lot"

"I doubt it'll hurt as bad as it is now"

"Remember that when you pass out" i smile at his pale face, he manages to mirror me.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Now

"So is this a normal occurrence?"

"What"

"This" she points "the mansions- well actually this is a castle"

I smile as i come to a close stand by her "with these two, this is as normal as it gets"

Her head shifts to the side "although I'm staring at a whole castle, I believe you whole heartedly"

Leave it to Nicholas to get a castle for a safe house, you wont see me complaining though.

"Max take Lev to the room next to yours" Nicholas says as they walk up to us, his arms snake themselves around my waist pulling me to him.

"Follow me"

Lev turns around one last time "what about Satan spawn?"

"I'll have Ray take her down to the cellar" Nicholas says which comforts them both, she turns around going Max in something that makes them both laugh.

"So is this your way of telling me you're joining my matching scheme" i turn around in his arms facing him.

"If it means I'll get to have you more then please name the next idea and its done"

"Jealous are we?"

"Yes" he smiles.

We stay put, just looking at one another with pureness and hope.

"I want to show you something" he finally says and i nod, he takes my hand in his leading the way past the drive through and into what seems to be a garden. It's sort of like a maze at first, the green bush hedges rise at least 10 feet at most, i feel like a child smiling at how there's little lights stuffed into them lighting the whole place up. He turns around smiling down at me.