Death wish

📚

His large boots stomp up the stairs, occasionally missing a couple as he itches his way to me. The first thing I see is the top of his mask he's wearing, his eyes come second till eventually I'm staring at a giant. To say he's huge would be an understatement, still, I stand tall traying not to strain too much from my sore limbs.

There's not much going on here, no noise, no fast movements, only his finger tapping against his gun that is hung over his shoulder. Overall he seems to be slightly smiling, enjoying the fact that he found me. It's only when I begin to smile that he turns his head to his side, there's no way out, I know that, but it's not the first time I've been trapped in a place that only wants me dead. I simply just stare at him, imagining all the ways I'm going to kill him, and I will, kill him that is. I noticed the second he fixed his guns position that there's little to no ammo left, maybe 1 or 2 rounds but I can take it. I watch as he rolls his shoulders back trying to get that uncomfortable feeling out of his body as I stand there just twitching for him to take the shot, I can feel the heat from my body begin to burn my skin with the wait, if he shoots I won't move, not until he realizes he no longer has that weapon he's so intent on hiding behind. I'm going to break every bone in his body when I get to him, I'd beg to speed up the time already.

"You're going to die here" he finally speaks, his voice dark and hollow. Completely meaning his words he's just uttered. I too meant what I've just said, we have that in common at least.

"For your sake, you better hope you're right" my voice is calm, absolutely mellow compared to what's going on in my mind. Again he moves to release the tension in his body, is he scared?, I want to laugh a little. I smile without meaning to and his eyes narrow as if there's no way he's seeing that right. Finally, however, he raises his gun aiming straight for me. I've been shot before so when the bullet hits me there's little to no shock that comes from it, my mind is calm, my muscles tense and just like that I'm fine. His finger pulls the trigger again putting the second bullet at my lower hip, my body shifts with the force but that's as far as movement comes from me, for now. When he shoots again the noise I was waiting for reaches me, he looks down in disbelief.

When he does look back up again, I'm already stood not even inches away from him and when he does in fact realise, it's too late.

I dig my thumbs into the corners of his eyes making his knees buckle as he falls before me, my thumbs twists further and deeper into his soft flesh making me feel some chunks slide into my nails along the way but even when his white skin is painted a dark red I seem to want more of it regardless "you were wrong by the way" I say taking my thumbs clean out, he screams almost inwards rather than out, too lost in what to do as the pain takes over all control making his whole body shake violently. I kick his chest with my knee and he falls back fast, his hands claps around his bleeding eyes sobbing inhumanly into the silent room, this is the men he has hidden behind, seriously? I pull off his vest throwing it to the far corner of the room, his shirt comes off next and I rip it in half wrapping both pieces around my knuckles. His body begins trying to move back but I put my foot on his bare stomach keeping him in place. I glance back at Max to make sure he's still safe and asleep before letting out a deep breath. I lost count, I don't know how many times my bare hands slammed into his skill, maybe once or twice but then again maybe ten times, twenty five, thirty- I zone out completely. I don't know why or how I'm still punching him, it's as if my body has gotten a mind of its own and I'm just left to observe.

"Mia"

I snap up shaking entirely, Levi stands just at the doorway looking absolutely in shock. Her eyes bounce between me and my knuckles to the man below me.

His whole face is caved in, yet he breaths nonetheless. The shirt I used to cover my knuckles are drenched to the absolute core, every time I move my fingers even slightly the blood seeps out dropping back down to him.

"Oh Mia you poor-"

"Where's Nicholas" I pant. She takes a moment, pulling herself together as if she wasn't just scared of me.

"Donte, he's downstairs and Bane, Bane is there too-" the shock is yet to leave her worried face.

I begin to move forward and she quickly moves out of my way.

"But you need help you're bleeding" she says fast as I grab onto the pricks hair pulling him along with me as I head for the stairs.

"I'm fine, grab Max on the way out" I don't look back as I hear her run for him, the guy manages to gargle through the blood pouring into his throat as I drag him across the flight of stairs. It comes to me as a slight surprise when he actually reacts to things scraping under him, whether that be broken glass, bullets, or even occasionally someone else's blood, he still finds a way to let out some sort on noise.

The moments I'm on the bottom floor they all turn around, there's more men all positioned widely around the living room, Donte is sat on MY couch, drinking coffee from MY kitchen and when he does in fact look at me he has the audacity to actually smile. I watch as he sets the small cup down on MY fucking glass table. Nicholas immediately tenses and I can feel him scanning over me for any visible injuries, he's going to have a field day taking out the two bullets that are still digging around in me, but I keep dragging the body, his hair tightly held with all the force I have left till I'm in front of him. His men move forward but Donte very calmly raises his fingers stopping them, I lift the guy enough to toss him onto the glass table shattering it right before his very feet.

"Your dogs needs better training" I say as I make my way back to Nicholas as he stretches a hand for me, i take it and instantly feel drained. All the adrenaline seems to have seeped out of me as his touch begins to calm me entirely.

"Now that gentlemen is what I was talking about, my greatest achievement, my best creation" he proudly says and my soul gets crushed just a little. Achievement, I seem to be everyone's object nowadays. Nicholas tightens his hold on me brining me closer to his side. "Isn't that sweet" he taunts "after all that you've done to each other you just can't get enough of it huh, but then I do something and I'm the bad guy, you disappoint me Mia"

"Speak to her like that again and I don't care how many men you have surrounding us, I'll kill you"

"Oh I'm sorry, since when did you develop a sense of humanity" this time a vile look sticks to his aged face "holding each other as if you actually love one another, it's pathetic"

"What do you want" I sigh absolutely exhausted. For a moment his face warms, just for a single moment I saw the old him sat right before me, but just like that he's nonchalant again.

"I've come here to warn you and you're little friends to stop" he sighs.

"Stop what"

"Digging" his harsh tone echo's past us "your little search is now officially over"

"You did all of this" I suddenly grow angry again "you hurt the people I love to come here and tell us to stop chasing a lead that has nothing to do with you?"

"Yes" he says so simply that my brain falters for a moment, it feels unreal. "And before you say no Mia, please think this over"

I look around at the men position around us and once again feel the need to laugh, he sees this and frowns.

"Oh no I didn't mean that they would do something, god no they're all idiots please" he scoffs actually laughing "if you don't stop pursuing this, then the next time I visit I'll burry you in this castle of yours. Oh and Mia, I'll make sure to lay scarlet and Aiden right down next to you too"

Nicholas freezes next to me.