Words

^^
**Blood above**

📚
-Nicholas-

"She'll be okay"

I don't say anything, I can't move.

"Bane- I know you saw her wrists but- I just don't think you should bring it up-"

I manage to lift my head to look at him, it's not much but it's all I can muster up to do.

"I care about her too but i just don't think brining something like this up after she only just now agreed to let herself talk to you is the smartest thing you can do"

I look away and focus all that I have on her. I'm going to kill Himiko when I see her, although I think Mia will do that for all of us. Max leaves to sort out the body leaving me alone and something that hasn't happened in 20 or so years, happens. I cry. I cry and I hold her hand closely to mine because I can't help her. I love her and yet it means nothing, she- I sigh. The cold tears stream along my face that I have now buried onto her hand because that's all I can do at the moment.

She stirs and I jump.

"Mia?" I wipe away as much of the water out of my vision as I can. Her eyes begin to blink and I feel her small hand move against my own but no words come out of her pretty lips.

"Don't try to move just sleep. You need rest, I'll be here all night making sure of it so just sleep"

"You can't boss me around" she whispers with her eye closed and I laugh. It's a painful one that leaves more tears to fall but I laugh.

"I never could"

Her eyes blink open and I die all over again.

"Are you- Nicholas are you crying?" Her face warps into a confused one and I hate that she focuses on something so unimportant rather than herself.

"How do you feel?"

"Why are you crying?" She asks again only then her whole face goes pale "did something happen? Is Max okay?" Her body begins to twist of the counter top in hopes of actually standing up but I trap her in with ease.

"He's okay I promise"

"Then why-"

"Mia you lost your memories"

She blinks confused "I remember everything Nicholas so no, I haven't"

"For a moment you did"

She goes speechless "Well that's a new one for me" she begins to sit up and as much as I would like it that she wouldn't I know that there's no way she'll listen to me so I help. I help her sit up and stand closely by her, I'm not taking any chances.

"What the hell happened- you were in my shower" she says half amused and half pissed off. I look down at her smiling.

"That's what you care about?"

"That and also the fact my head feels like it's being repeatedly punched on" her hands begins massaging her temples in slow motions till she stops and looks up at me pissed off "who?"