Broken panels

📚

"Princess please don't kill me for this because after years of being a sad moron I actually found a girl that I really like, so please"

I feel my body being confined and at first I go to snap his neck but then it's like all the colour around me returns and it's not so black and white anymore.

"Max?"

He pulls back breathing out a long held in breath, his head comes to a rest on my shoulder as he just breaths. "Thank you for not killing me"

"Why would I kill you?" Is he insane?

"Well for a second there I didn't think you'd even realise" he looks at me, finally standing up from his little break he had there.

"Max is everyone okay?" My heart slams against all sides of my chest as I wait for a response that seems to be taking longer than ever.

"They're fine, Levi is on the ground floor looking for you- actually we were all looking for you"

"Nicholas?"

"He's okay, also searching for you and boy does he look all light and happy"

"That bad?"

"You could say that" he smiles briefly "come on, we need to find them and figure out what the fuck is going on"

"Actually that one there answered all my questions" I point over with my eyes and he follows the line of sight "you'd be amazing what persistence can get you"

"Yeah I'm sure that was what made him crack" he turns back with his eyebrows slightly raised and I smile at him, god I'm glad he's okay.

"So what'd you find out exactly"

Max is blown back completely, glass shatters  from behind us but I jump straight after him as he eventually lands on the floor completely unconscious. I'm on top of him when more rounds pierce through the room and I hope to all ends none of them hit him. The minute the rumbling shots stop I get off him pulling him out of the room by his arms, this little shit is not going to die on me. When we're out of site I stop for a moment to see where exactly the bullet hit, luckily nowhere major, just his thigh but still, he's bleeding heavy, too heavy for my liking. I pick his arms back up dragging him to a whole different room leaving a puddle of blood to exactly where we are but I'll worry about that later, right now I need to make sure he doesn't bleed out on me. It's when I turn around in the room that I realise my mistake, the whole one wall is simply glass, it shatters immediately and I run out pulling him with me as fast as I can.

I look up and see a staircase going up a decent amount, that looks perfect. I bend down picking him up over my shoulder before quietly climbing up the many stairs till I'm at the very top, theres a separate room in here that I go straight in for setting him down as carefully as I can. Then a floor board groans a warning in the dark just as I put him down, I man walks in, gun raised and all trigger happy clearly because the second he saw me staring at him from the corner, the rain of bullets that followed after would have left you a tad surprised. Once again I'm left to jump onto Max pulling him under me, it continues for a moment shattering my eardrums to complete shit, I can even feel my teeth chatter together from each round that bulldozes through the panel we're hiding behind. Finally, it all stops and I still can't hear much, I take my knife out moving away from the only cover I have, I hope I'm being quite. My body jumps sideways out into the open and just as he aims his gun at me my knife has already embedded itself comfortably in his neck. His body completely crumbles down and I run towards him dragging his body somewhere no one can see, just incase more come in and notice him, then we'd be really in trouble. I check his gun but he's completely out of ammo and spare mags, what an actual fucking moron.

He did however have a lighter on him which sprung a pretty idea in my head, I rush back over to Max and see him fully awake.

"Morning sunshine" I smile looking at his tacky skin "how you feeling?"

"Feels like the worst hangover ever" he groans wiping his forehead with the back of his hand.

"Worse than the one we had before?"

"Surprisingly, yes" he chuckles only to hiss in pain "don't make me laugh, go away"

"If I go away princess I'm afraid you're going to die"

He smiles at me and I warm instantly. I jump into action however taking my knife out and start heating it with the lighter I found.

"Erm what are you doing" he asks a bit worried.

"Well seeing as I'm not about to let you die, this is the only thing I have to help me make sure of that"

"That's for me?" his voice rises in pitch.

"Aren't you lucky" I tease smiling a little. But his face just loses more colour in it.

His pale face furrows as he traces his glance all over my face, clearly I look like shit if he's worried all of a sudden, he sighs resting his head back on the wall "Bane is going to KILL me"

"No he wont- can you please for the love of god stay still you're making too much noise" he shuffles once again and I swear the thought to kill him was present, he freezes when he sees me just staring at him, he nods his head fast in understandment, if he moves again I'll knock him out.

"Mia you're bleeding"

"If I am then I can't feel it which means I'm fine" i sigh pushing myself closer to the wall covered in bullet holes myself. "You need to press down on it harder Max" i whisper as i take a peak at the empty room in front of me but as empty as it may be, i know they're coming, we both know it.

"I can't, its not stopping"

"Just hold on for a few more seconds it's nearly done"

He lets out a long breath as he presses down on his leg, i look over at him finding him shaking from the pain. Once again we find ourselves trapped together with one of us barely being able to function.

"This is going to hurt, like a lot"

"I doubt it'll hurt as bad as it is now"

"Remember that when you pass out" i smile at his pale face, he manages to mirror me.

I inch closer to him "on three you let go and dont scream Max, whatever you do just don't scream" he nods at me. I glance over past the wall one last time seeing the same old dark space, okay, breath.

"One" i twist my knife at the small lighter a couple more times making sure it get's as hot as possible.

"Two" the blade has turned such a bright orange that even looking at it makes you feel hot.

"Three" he pulls back and i slam the blade right at the massive hole in his leg, he jumps up trying to push me away leaving me absolutely no choice but to knock him out. I watch as his head falls back hitting the wall harshly, I've just knocked out Max.

A shiver rolls over me making me feel each bruise and cut on my body, but nothing quite beats the smell of flesh being burnt. My body stills however at the creak of a floor board, my blade lifts off Max and i steady my breathing to nearly a non existing one, they found us.