Missing but found

📚
-Levi-

She just walks out, I run after her except when I open the door I'm met with nothing but empty space. She's gone. I run back to Max's room and tearing through every empty space, nothing.

I wouldn't be so worried if it wasn't for the fact that Himiko had nearly just brought up something that once made Mia choose death over the mere thought of acceptance. Pure terror is all I'm able to feel and when Max runs into completely stuck in with fear, he's just as terrified.

"What happened are you okay?"

"I- where's-"

"They're downstairs eating, Levi what's wrong?" He inches closer taking hold of my arms that have suddenly gone numb.

"I think Mia might-" I can't say it.

"Levi what might Mia do?" That fear that was once all over him has formed into pure anger.

"Himiko said something and she ran out. Max I think she might ki- oh god" I fall back being caught by Max who still has his grip on me. He crouches down setting his fingers on the sides of my thighs.

"Levi I need you tell me exactly where she went" he says gently.

"I don't know Max, I don't know and that's why I'm completely terrified"

Silence, silence is all there is in that moment.

"But she wouldn't, it's Mia we're talking about and although she tried that doesn't mean she'll try again-"

"Max you don't know" I shake my head "none of you know what happened after we took her to the hospital"

"What happened?" He asks but I close up. I have never pulled myself together so fast than I have in this moment. He realises, nodding to himself that there's no way I'm telling.

-Max-

Whatever it is, is enough to send Mia into hiding. I want to press on, ask her what exactly happened when I helped drop her off but one glance at Levi and I know she'd rather kill me then tell me anything so I nod. I nod and keep my mouth closed from any more questions.

"Go downstairs, I'll find her"

"Max please, you have to"

"I will, you know I will"

She walks out but I stay on the floor, I can't seem to catch my breath. Imagining Mia gone does something to me that I never want to feel again, it's like my heart wants to explode.

I run out of the room and down the stairs looking for Bane, the minute I spot him I charge for him. He seems me coming and it's why when I tried to punch him I ended up being thrown straight into the wall with him holding me there.

"Have you lost your mind?" He asks pissed off entirely "if it wasn't for Mia you'd be dead right now you know that?"

"It's also because of you that she's now missing" I breath out watching as he falters. "You are the reason she's in this mess, in her head, which means this is your fault"

"What do you mean she's missing? I just saw her she's with Levi-"

"WAS with Levi. Now she's gone and no one can find her"