Would You Like to Have Dinner With Me pt.2

Aaron's POV

I finally have her in my space! I watch as she trails the back of books in my bookcase.

"Dinners almost ready. Get comfy."

I hear her stomach growl. "Ooh." I say heading in the kitchen again. She laughs.

I set the plates and table for us. "Dinner is ready now, Amber."

When she passes me, I can't help but pull her to my body. She ducks my kiss and sits down.

"Ah. You don't trust me?"

"No, sir. It's me, I don't trust, but you've cooked a lovely meal."

"Thanks, oh! I almost forgot." I run to the fridge for The kool aid. I sit it in the table in front of us.

We say a prayer and start eating.

"Tell me more about you."

"Well, I've been a therapist for three years now.  I love it. Even though some patients of mine can get a little rowdy at times because of what's been going on with them."

"How long did it take for you to earn a degree in psychology!"

"My boys were very supportive, so I went to school online so I could be with them. Even in their infant years, they were the best.

"Now the part I've been wanting to get to? Where is their father?"

Amber's POV

I swallow. I honestly don't know. I've tried calling his number once the shock of me being raped wore off, but nothing."

He's fuming at this point ands I'm afraid I said something wrong.

"Aaron? You okay, buddy?"

"Yes ma'am. As long as you're here. Continue."

"I'm a orphan. Don't know where or who my parents are. Or if they're alive."

"And Rebecca?"

"Rebecca's a sweetheart. I was blessed enough to be able to live with her up until after college. Her parents took me in. And loved my boys like they were truly their grandparents."

Aaron smiles at me.

"Rebecca's sweet and the best friend Amy woman could ask for."

"What about that guy that was at your house?"

"He's Rebecca's ex. She's been raped as well by that guy. When my boys started school, I decided to focus all of my attention on them and love them. No room for relationships."

"What about now?"

"Huh?"

"As for as a relationship.... With me?"

"No offense Aaron, but it's best that you think this over and I will too."

"I have thought it over. You are who I want, Amber."

Aaron's POV

I lean forward and capture her lips. This kid is gentle, giving her a opportunity to back away. It surprises me when she does.

"Uh.......umm ......Aaron. Can you get me some ice. A lot of it...  please. Bring your whole ice tray. Oh my........."

I leave the table to let her collect herself. I'm watching her though. She's beautiful to me. I can't believe she's gone through all of that and has the audacity to be a therapist.

Such a strong woman.

I return with the ice. I'm shocked to see she hasn't ran from me. She's just sitting here looking around.

She intrigues me. No other woman has intrigued me this much that I want to know everything about her.

Her children are a bonus. I want to know more about them too. All of them are sweet.

"Tell me about Grayson, Danny, and Phillip."

She perks up, making me smile.

"Grayson's the oldest, Danny's the second, and Phillip's the baby boy. All of them are principal list students and have their own things going on after school. I try to be thethe parents I've always wanted."

I smile.

"They are very sweet, but can get feisty too."

"They don't play about their mom. I picked that up immediately."

She laughs. "I'm raising three boys, so I'm sure they're going to get something from me."

"Oh, you feisty?"

"I mean ......"

We continue to eat and have fun. Time flies by.
Amber has to leave and I don't want that.

"Good night, Aaron. Next time I want to know more about you."

"Next time, I'm picking you up. Good night, Amber." I walk her to her car.

I steal a kiss from her before watching her car drive away. I call to check that she's home.

"Hey mom!" I hear.

"Hey buddy! I'm home Aaron. Good night."

"Good night, Amber."
............

Comment!

Like!