Let's catch up pt. 1

Rebecca's POV

My phone is ringing off the hook while I'm at work. Jeremiah and I arrived back in town at 2 A. M.

He and I are preparing desserts together.

"Go talk to your friend. I got it." He tells me. The way he's looking at me suggests he wants me to talk to something else, but I excuse myself.

"Hey bestie!!!" Both of us scream at the same time.

I have missed her so much.

"I missed you. How did everything go? Let's catch up later?" She asks.

I look at Jeremiah. He's cooking with his back turned to me, but I see his thumb rise. Thumbs up. How does he know what's being said?

"I'll see you later. Jeremiah's coming as well."

Jeremiah turns around so fast, I hear his back crack.

I laugh.

"We'll see you later."

I hang up and get back to work.

"Rebecca..." Jeremiah says my name. I look up. "Look at me." He pulls my face to his.

"Well, girls he's taken by this white ass trash that looks like spilled milk." I pull away ready to speak, but Jeremiah pulls my mouth back to his.

"Good grief. You're something else. Yeah, I knew they were coming to hit on me, but hold on."

I watch as he leaves out of the kitchen and into the dining areas where the ladies are waiting.

Jeremiah's POV

"Excuse me ma'am. I would like it if you apologized to her."

"Is she your girlfriend or did you just kiss her to make us go away?" Mine of the ladies ask, disgusted.

"Oh yeah. That's my girlfriend, and if you don't want food poisoning, I suggest you apologize to her."

The ladies look so terrified now. We're not going to poison their food."Okay. Okay."

I see Rebecca watching me, so I wink. The ladies walk with me to apologize.

"We're sorry white trash."
I give them a look and they hurry to correct their words.

"Her name is Rebecca." I state. Rebecca's eyes connect with mine and I see a hint of desire in them.

"We're sorry, Rebecca."

"Now, go wait for your food."

I slide back into the kitchen beside Rebecca. "You didn't have to do that, Jeremiah." Her head is down.

"I almost stripped you naked and showed you the reasons why I did that. Trust me, I had to."

"I know you get get hit on a lot. So it's fine. I mean I am white trash."

"Can y'all take over for a few ?" I drag her out of the kitchen, and out of the restaurant.

"Rebecca, I don't know what you're used to, but a man standing up for you is what he's supposed to do regardless if you're dating or not. You deserve much more than what you have now. You're working here out of all places."

"Yeah. I know-"

"Let me finish. I couldn't let them disrespect you like that, so perk up. You've got a man that's going to stand up for you whether you like it or not."

I grab her face and kiss her hard. She surprises me when she kisses me back.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Good. Now take your fine ass back in there. I'll be back."

"Can I go with you?" She asks hopeful.

"It's hard enough to keep my hands off you, but if you feel like you can handle the ride, let's go."

She smiles.

Rebecca's POV

I'm not going to lie. Jeremiah turned me on when he talked like that too me. I follow him to his car, trying to hide my smile.

"You smiling. That's good. Where do you want to go for lunch?"

"Doesn't matter, Jeremiah."

"Say my name again."

I giggle. "Jeremiah."
.........

Comment!

Like!

Thanks!