We're partying!!

Rebecca's POV

It's my birthday!!! I want to hang out with Amber and everyone. We can just go out to eat or stay in. I just want to be around my bestie and her kids mainly, well, Aaron too.

Am the bam: HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBECCA ANN!!!!
Me: thanks bestie. What are you doing today after work?
Am the bam: I have to take one of the kids to get new uniforms and then nothing, unless you want to hang out.
Me: yes. I'll bring wine.
Am bam: okay. I love you!
Me: see you soon!

I'm getting ready for work. We've got state of the art people coming in today and I'm making the dishes for them.

"Hey Rebecca. Good luck today." I'm given a kiss on my cheek.

This makes me blush. I really like him. He's the only one who pays attention to me and helps me. His name is Jeremiah. And hey, I just turned 25!

"Happy birthday, Rebecca!" Jeremiah shouts for everyone in the back and front to hear.

"Shh! But thank you." No one ever knew about my birthday except him...well until now.
Now everyone's telling me happy birthday and cheering in the kitchen. The people out there probably thinks we're fighting or arguing, but I get my game face back on then get to work preparing the meals.

Everyone stays out of the way. Well, except Jeremiah. He coaches me a little. I get frustrated in the middle of frying the dish. I look to Jeremiah and my mind eases. I'm able to focus once more.

He nods then winks at me. I continue to cook while my head is down. I'm a blushing mess.

I know Jeremiah has kids. I've seen him with them several occasions. They are adorable too! They are respectful, just like Phillip, Grayson, and Danny.

I'm brought back to the Here and now when Jeremiah waves in front of my face. "Focus Rebecca!" He shouts.

Is it sad that I'm turned in just by him telling that at me?

This is the first time he's yelled at me, and honestly, I'm grateful. I look up to see him watching a few feet away.

"Yeah, I'm right here watching." He growls lowly. My God!

"Okay. I'll leave you alone!" He throws his hands up. "But I won't stop watching. You've got this Rebecca!"

Jeremiah

"It's almost time are you ready, Rebecca?"

"I'm ready." I say exhaling. I grab a napkin to wipe my sweat.

Jeremiah's POV

"Okay. I'm proud of you. Damn there's the bunch of them!"

"It is?" I try looking over his shoulder.