Party over here!!!

Jeremiah's POV

I'm dropping my girls off at school when I see Rebecca's friends kids. My girls hug them and they hug back before going into school.

I smile because I remember doing the same with Brooklyn and Monique's mom in school.

Their mom and I would hang out every day if we could. I don't know where their mother is. I've reached out to her family, but they don't know themselves.

I have my Thanksgiving meal plan ready. I'm hoping to impress Rebecca with it more than anyone else.

I'm heading to work when I see a lot of collisions. This collision involves 12 cars. I silently pray for the people.

I immediately see Rebecca in the kitchen when I walk into work. She's talking to our coworker, but I wonder what the conversation is about.

"Hi everyone." The whole kitchen gets quiet when I speak. "Everyone good?"

"Hey Jeremiah." Rebecca hugs me. "Your station is all clean." She's the only one allowed where I cook.

"Thanks."

She giggles before turning around.

I haven't told her this yet, but my birthday is today. I'm that Sagittarius. I haven't told Rebecca yet.

"Hey everyone. Trust is my birthday!!!!"

The whole kitchen erupts into applause and cheers. No one ever knew when my birthday was until now.

"Happy birthday, Jeremiah!" Rebecca hugs me. I look into her eyes and see her mind working.

Rebecca's POV

I'm thinking of what I want to do since it's his birthday. Hell, no one ever knew when his birthday was. Now I have to plan something for him.
I'm going to get Amber to help me though. She's the only one I know that can make things happen on such short notice.

"Hey bestie, this is Amber speaking. How may help you?"

"Really?" I laugh. " Today is Jeremiah's birthday and I was wondering if you could help me plan something for him."

"Say less. How old is he?"

"He just turned 26. Holy smokes!!" I say as I did math in my head.

"Okay. What's his favorite color?"

"Purple." I say.

"Thanks. I'll text you the address soon."

"Okay."

I change Jeremiah's name in my phone to: Mr. I Touch Guts 😘😘

"You know I am right here." He scares the heck out of me. So much so, I throw the cooking utensil I'm holding as if it was hot.

He smiles then shakes his head.

"Remember that name too." He walks away.

Two hours later

I receive the info from Amber. I leave work to meet her.

"Let's get down to business,shall we?"

"Yes." Both of us set the tables up with the table clothes and decorations. "I'll go home and start in the food." I tell her.