What the heck?

Aaron's POV

I haven't seen or heard from Amber in some weeks. I hope she and the kids are okay. Honestly, I miss seeing her smile.

I'm away on business right now, so I can't see her. I've tried video calling too, but no answer. Please let everything be okay.

I'm surprised to see her name pop on my phone, but I Amber.

"Mr. Aaron! Mr. Aaron! We need your help!" Grayson shouts through the phone. Danny and Phillip are crying in the background.

"Yea, Grayson?" My heart clenches.

"It's mom. She hasn't been home in a few days."

"What?" That doesn't sound like Amber at all. She'll kill for those boys. And wouldn't leave them alone like that for that long.

"Okay. I'm on the way. Are you all at home?"

"Yea. Please hurry Aaron. We're scared."

"Pack some clothes. All of you are coming to stay with me until I find your mom."

"Okay. Thank you."

I'm speeding to Amber's place when there's traffic being held up because of some women fighting.

I don't recognize any of them, but I can hear their conversation. "I'll tie her up. You stab her. Then I'll finish her off by breaking her neck."

"I don't like this. Why are we doing this again?"

"So I can finally get Refusia back together with Aaron. She's already had a baby by him. Best for the child to know his father and have that opportunity."

"This isn't the right way to do it though."

One of the women slap the girl.

"If you're going to take up for her, take your wimp ass home then!!!!"

"Bye." The girl leaves. I wait until she's a far enough distance to approach her and ask where Amber is.

"Excuse me? Can you help me find Amber?"

"Who?"

"Amber? The lady you were just talking about back there?"

"Are you Aaron?"

"Yea. I'm Aaron."

"Damn! Now I see why Refusia wants you. You look good, but anyway she's in a chamber. I can take you to her if you want."

"What's the catch?"

"Nothing. I don't really like doing shit like this, but because my little sister is involved ... I make sure she doesn't get hurt."

She shows me the way to Amber and I follow. We get to a door. I hear Amber singing a gospel song inside. She sounds so beautiful.

"Are you ready? They beat her pretty bad."

"Yeah."

Amber's POV

Something is wrong with my hearing. I hear Aaron or at least I think I do.

The door opens and I'm prepared for the beatings this time. I'm hungry.

"Amber." Aaron's face appears when the light is flicked on. "It's me baby girl. I need you to be  as quiet and still as you can. These ropes are tight."

"Okay daddy."

"Not the time Amber."

"She's been given a drug, so......" the girl says.

"Who gave her the drug?"

"The big one."

"Daddy! Daddy!"

Aaron's POV

"Who's your daddy, Amber?"

"Aaron McCoy is my daddy!"

............
Wow!

Comment!

Like!