There has to be more to you

Aaron's POV

Our date is going well. We're eating now and Amber is moaning with every bite she takes. I'm definitely watching her.

"Is something wrong?" My trance is broken.

"No. Not at all."

She smiles at me. "Really, you just staring?"

"Yea."

"Why?" She rolls her eyes with a smile.

"You're beautiful." The shock on her face lets me know that either no one has told her that or she hasn't heard it in a very very long time.

I ask if she wants seconds, but she quickly declines them stands like she's about to run away.

Amber's POV

It's time to go! I can't let him fall for me or me fall for him. Both of us will be hurt.

"Hey, don't run from me, Amber? I just want to get to know you."

I relax a little.

"Tell me more about you. I mean there has to be more to you than just your children, work, Rebecca, and everything else you've told me before."

Exhaling, I look into his eyes. Damn, big mistake.

His eyes are so sincere.

"W- w- well I love cooking."

"That's a start." He places his hand on my lower back and I gasp cause it was so unexpected. "Responsive too. I love that."

The last part he whispers in my ear.
Our eyes connect. Before I can pull away, his arms snake around me.

"I just want you to be comfortable."

"Can you sit over there, please?"

"Okay. I don't trust myself, so I need to put as much space between us as possible.
............

A short chapter for y'all!

Stay tuned!