Chapter 5: The Party

The sun was just about to set, and the clouds were starting to move in, a perfect night for the perfect Halloween party!

"Oh Kokichi! We're here! We're here!" Shuichi exclaimed, squeezing Kokichi's hand as he knocked on the door.

"Shuichi, I think we should-" 

The door quickly flew opened.

"Saihara!~ Oma!~ Welcome, welcome!" Angie greeted Shuichi and Kokichi at the door, her smile was as bright and warm as the sun. She was dressed up as an angel, she grabbed onto Shuichi's hand and led him inside, Kokichi followed close behind.

Angie led the two down into the basement, where the party was being held. There were drinks and food off to the side, but Shuichi couldn't take his eyes off the dance floor. The bright colors were so inviting, he could feel the excitement building up inside of him. 

"Everyone~ Say hello to our guest of honor! Mr. Saihara!!" In an instance, sixteen pairs of eyes were laid upon Shuichi. It just so happened to be people who disliked him the most. Shuichi could feel the tightness in his chest and the dryness in his throat begin to form. Did they know he was invited to this party? Were they just gonna laugh at him? Oh no no no-

"Ay, Saihara! Good to see you!" A voice said, Shuichi looked over to see, Momota of all people raising his drink and giving him a warm and welcoming smile. And soon, everyone else returned that type of kindness too.

It was all Shuichi ever wanted. 

The rest of the night consisted of Shuichi talking to people, they were so nice. They seemed interested in Shuichi, they kept asking him all types of questions. And Shuichi was happy to answer them, he really felt accepted. 

Shuichi was having so much fun, he didn't even notice Kokichi wasn't by his side. Shuichi frowned, he drifted away from all the commotion, trying to find Kokichi.

And there he was, alone in the corner, staring down at the cup of fruit punch in his hand. Shuichi quickly walked over to him.

"Hey darling, is something up?" Shuichi asked softly, Kokichi looked up from his drink. Shuichi's eyes widened as he noticed that tears were streaming down Kokichi's cheeks. 

"Oh Kokichi..don't cry.." Shuichi wrapped his arms around Kokichi, holding him close to him. Kokichi set his drink to the side, resting his head on Shuichi's shoulder.

"S-Shuichi..you ne-" Before Kokichi could finish his sentence, the two boys could hear Angie's voice booming from a..megaphone?

"Hehe!~ Angie here, just wanted to let you know that it's time for the couples to dance!!~ So if you're single, get the hell off the dance floor!"

"Oh! Let's go Kokichi, that'll make you feel better!"

"Shuichi no..please-" Shuichi spun Kokichi onto the dance floor.

"Shhh! Come on, let's have some fun! I've been practicing just for you!" The two were now surrounded by people, and Kokichi promptly piped down. Shuichi slid his arms around Kokichi's waist, and Kokichi wrapped his arms around Shuichi's neck. As they danced, Kokichi had this uneasy look on his face, he was always looking around the room. As if trying to see if they were alone. Shuichi wanted to make Kokichi feel better, so he did the only thing that came to mind.

"Kokichi, this may sound dumb, but thank you."

"W-What?"

"Thank you, for inviting me to this party, I mean." Shuichi stopped dancing, and it seemed once again him and Kokichi were in the corner of the room.

"You let me come out of my shell, and now look, I'm having the time of my life." Shuichi cupped Kokichi's cheek.

"Kokichi..this might be weird to say, but I really love you! I really do, a-and sometimes I think you might be the one, do you feel that way too? Like, sometimes, I can see a future where we're together!" Shuichi stammered, he looked down at Kokichi, the tears were coming back again.

"Oh god Shuichi- I can't do this anymore, please, you need to-"

"Mr. Saihara!! Our guest of honor, will you please come to the front of the dance floor??~"

Hi everyone!! This chapter definitely isn't as long as the last one, but I still think it's pretty good length. I think including the writing and this little message, it's about 700 words long! Anyways, my grandma is doing better, so I hope to update maybe tomorrow if I can! Cya!!