Chapter 12: Preparing For the Show

It was the end of the week, and at around nine pm is when Shuichi received wonderful news.

"It's done." Keebo snarled, Shuichi could feel the fear this boy was emitting. Even from over the phone, he was just a scared little animal under his grasp. Needing to be put down.

"Wonderful! Wonderful! All the doors I listed have barriers on them correct? Including the windows?"

"Yeah, it's all done."

"And the remote?"

"It's waiting in the science classroom, it works, I've tested it."

"Perfect!!~ I knew you can do it!" Shuichi chimed, Keebo made an annoyed side.

"Great, now leave me alone, you twisted fuck."

"Oh! Oh Keebo, one more thing!"

"What?"

"Your days are numbered." Shuichi laughed and hung up before Keebo could respond. Shuichi imagined Keebo, crippling with anxiety, wondering what Shuichi meant. And the thought of Kaito being that afraid, that miserable.

Oh that was pure bliss.

The next day Shuichi headed out to the abandoned school. Now that he had a way to keep his victims in, he could begin the clean up process.

He would have to wash the sheets in the dormitory area, clean out the cafeteria, and make a proper trial room. It would be hard work, but it'll all be worth it.

Shuichi was hard at work for a couple of hours, he was able to tidy of the dormitory area, and get the class trial room, which would be the debate room, to look nicer than before. But he was very tired, and he would need to figure out a way to get some power working in this place, and how he would even get everyone here. So he decided to head back.

To his surprise, he saw someone leaving something on his doorstep.

It was Kokichi, leaving a basket of baked goods at his door step.

"I hope he likes it..I miss him so much..please come back Shuichi." He whispered as he walked away, Shuichi noticed that instead of just leaving..Kokichi was hiding behind a tree.

How disgusting. So Kokichi thinks he can try to slither his way back into Shuichi's heart with baked goods? Well he has another thing coming.

Shuichi took the basket and read the letter attached.

"Shuichi..please come back..I can't take it anymore. You're the only one for me.."

Gross, that's what Shuichi thought, simply pathetic.

"Oh my.." Shuichi said softly, "Why you're making me blush."

Shuichi looked back up towards the vastness of trees, but made sure not to look directly at the one Kokichi was behind.

"You know, whoever leaves these little gifts for me should knock next time..I'm really lonely and I'd love to see them." He could almost see the giddiness on Kokichi's face rise when he said that. Boy was he in for a surprise, Shuichi stepped into the house and called down for his uncle. A few moments later, his uncle was trotting down the stairs.

"Ay Shuichi, what's up?"

"Uncle..I need a favor."

"Yeah? What is it bud?"

"If someone knocks on the door, and it's Kokichi, I need you to tell him something.."

"Kokichi? Didn't you two cut ties? What do you want me to tell him?"

"Tell him I'm dead."

MORE CHAPTER YAY, BTW I MADE A TIKTOK THE USER IS https.kel.com!!! Btw, I know the chapters are kind of going slow, but I promise we're gonna get into the killing game soon!!