Chapter 33: Going Viral

Shuichi awoke from his peaceful slumber, he yawned quietly and sat up. Upon looking around the room he noticed that Kokichi had left.

How strange, Shuichi could've sworn Kokichi fell asleep with him. Whatever, now that Kokichi is gone, Shuichi had time to check in on his fans. Which he hadn't done in awhile, hopefully he still has a crowd watching him. 

Shuichi grabbed his laptop from under the bed, upon inspecting the stream. He's gained quite the following, 10k people on this stream? Shuichi was surprised by how much he progressed in a day or two. Perhaps seeing what Shuichi did to Keebo and Angie excited people and caused them to spread word about Shuichi's wonderful show. 

"It seems that you guys enjoyed what you saw. There's a lot more of you guys since I last checked. Welcome to the show." Shuichi scanned the chat, seeing the wonderful compliments people had to give him. 

"Saihara you're the best~"

"Saihara marry me!" 

"SAIHARA X ME CANON!!! FUCK OFF OUMA </3" Shuichi read all the comments aloud, laughing to himself, some of them were very humorous. 

"Ah, I'm your little scrunkly..? What does that mean?" Shuichi squinted as he read the spam of the chat. Shuichi was very pleased by what he was seeing, all the people fawning over him like he's some celebrity. At this rate, Shuichi was sure they wouldn't mind if he let them in on the little secret that this was all real. Even though Shuichi wanted to tell them so bad, he decided against it. Even though Shuichi was the best person in this "show" there were still some people who didn't take kindly to his character.

"No hate or whatever..but Shuichi's character is mid tbh, ya'll are literally idolizing a murderer" Shuichi didn't have to say anything though. His adoring fans had everything already covered.

"Wanna see something funny?"

"117.645.897, that's what you get for disrespecting Shuichi <3"

 "Uhhh, guys, please don't doxx each other.." Shuichi mumbled, trying to hold in his laughter. Right after the words spilled out his mouth, Shuichi was praised like a god. It was like everything he did was perfection in their eyes. I wonder if this is how Hajime Hinata felt after his debut in the Danganronpa series.

"SHUICHI!!! UR SO NICE BBY!!! KISS ME~"

"He's even sweet to the ugly ass haters <3333"

"kokichi move its my turn"

Shuichi continued to chat with his fans until someone sent him something perculiar. A link.  

"Shuichi plsssssss click this link i worked so hard on this for you plsss pls pls ilysm PLSSSSS" Shuichi read the comment aloud and smirked, he found their desperation cute. 

"Well since you asked so nicely, I have no other choice." Shuichi smiled sweetly, he clicked on the link. As the page slowly began to load Shuichi was surprised to put it nicely. It was fanart, of him and Momota, having a very tender moment. 

Shuichi was wrapped in Kaito's arms, and they were sharing a kiss. It was a very emotional piece, there was blood on Shuichi's clothes implying he had just killed someone and there were tears streaming down Kaito's cheeks. 

"Uh.." Shuichi gulped, the worst part was it was very nice art. Shuichi just looked off to the side, he felt like punching his screen. In no way was Shuichi going to ever do that with Kaito, no matter how much fans wanted it. 

"..thank you.." Shuichi looked over in the recommended arts section, seeing that there is much more art of him and Kokichi than him and Kaito. Shuichi browsed for a little while, getting more and more disturbed by the second. Though he did save one piece of art that he liked and made it his profile picture on everything, it was very hard to crop out Kokichi, but it was worth it. While Shuichi was looking at fanart, the chat seemed to be having a very detailed discussion about ship wars. Mostly everyone seemed to agree that Shuichi and Kokichi were endgame, but others had different opinions on it.

"Honestly I think him and Rantaro have a shot together."

"BFFR LMFAOOOOO aroace Shuichi wins <333"

"Y'all just choose to ignore the obvious mlm coding between Shuichi and Kokichi"

"WHAT CODING??? SHUICHI LITERALLY IS USING HIM"

"he's just confused abt his feelings he'll come around" 

"You guys are just gonna ignore everything with Kaede?? Also Kokichi is obsessive." 

"Kaede is here in this killing game for a reason, it's because Shuichi hates her. You just want to take away gay rep from SaiOuma btw that's the ship name <33" 

"KOKICHI IS HERE FOR A REASON TOO??? Kokichi stans istg" 

Shuichi felt a little put off by everyone trying to decide who Shuichi will spend his future with, but honestly, they made some really interesting arguments Shuichi would've never thought about while trying to defend Mikan x Chiaki. 

Shuichi was getting bored though, and decided it was time to head off with the others. So he said his goodbyes and opened up the dorm door. 

Shuichi was greeted by Kokichi in what seems to be swim wear? 

"Hey Shuichiiiiii!" Kokichi giggled, hugging Shuichi tightly. Shuichi suddenly felt his clothes get wet, he realized that Kokichi was soaked in water. 

"K-Kokichi! Why are you wearing that? And why are you wet?" Shuichi asked, pushing Kokichi away from him gently. Kokichi frowned and grabbed Shuichi's hand.

"Well cause Akamatsu found a pool by that place you told me to put the shovel in, she told everyone and was planning on coming over to the dorm and inviting you to come swim. But I wanted to instead, so let's go!!"  Kokichi dragged Shuichi towards where the pool was, Shuichi grinned to himself.

Everything was going according to plan, and Shuichi has barely done anything.