Chapter 7: The Beginning of a Spiral

Shuichi could barely breathe he was crying so much, how could this happen? Just two hours ago Shuichi felt like everything was starting to come together, and now it's all falling apart.

"Aw, Saihara is all tuckered out from crying." Kaito laughed, he finally got off a Shuichi's poor defeated body.

"Why don't you run off back to your little uncle before things get any worse." As the words trickled out of Kaito's big mouth, Shuichi instantly made a run for the door. He could hear footsteps following behind him, he quickened his pace, knowing what lies behind him. As he ran in the cold autumn wind, he could feel the rain pouring down on him. Ruining his makeup he tried so hard on. It was like everything Shuichi worked hard on somehow had to get destroyed in one way. Eventually, his legs gave in, and Shuichi had to rest by a tree. But he could still hear the footsteps following him, he knew exactly who it was.

"Shuichi! Shuichi I'm so sorry!"

It was Kokichi, it was who Shuichi feared. He was hoping it was Kaito, trying to chase him down, and maybe put him out of his misery, but no. It was the person he wanted to see last. Kokichi ran up to Shuichi, opening his arms for a hug, but he was shooed away.

"Don't touch me." Shuichi hissed, trying to stop the tears from running down his eyes.

"Shuichi please..listen.." Kokichi pleaded, Shuichi was not amused.

"Why should I listen to you? You only want to get rid of me anyway, but now look at you, you're sucking up to me. Are you..pitying me? I-Is that the reason you've been my closest friend- my first boyfriend is just because you pitied me!?!" Shuichi just wanted to scream, if Kokichi wanted to split he could've just said that. Why did he have to do it in such a way that hurts so bad!? Does he just enjoy Shuichi's pain?

"No..they forced me! They said they were gonna do terrible things! I-I had to! I was just protecting each other!" Kokichi cried out, the rain was pouring down as Shuichi could hear a loud thunder in the distance.

"Why didn't you just tell me? Why did you make me go through that?!"

That was Kokichi's breaking point.

"..why didn't I just tell you? DIDN'T YOU THINK I THOUGHT OF THAT!?" Kokichi screamed, making Shuichi jump.

"BUT YOU JUST RAN AWAY FROM ME, THAT'S ALL YOU EVER DO, ALL YOU DO IS FUCKING RUN! I MEAN, YOU KNOW HOW THESE KIDS TREAT YOU! WHY IN FUCKS SAKE WOULD THEY EVER WANT TO MAKE UP WITH SOMEONE...SOMEONE LIKE YOU!?" Shuichi had never seen Kokichi like this, in this state of raw, and pure anger. His words, it hurt a thousand times more than how hard Kaito could ever hit Shuichi.

"SHUICHI SAIHARA, ALWAYS RUNNING FROM THE TRUTH, RUNNING FROM THE FACT THAT HE'S AN OUTCAST."

Shuichi didn't know what to say, he just stood there, letting the tears fall down his face. Kokichi gasped, realizing the weight of what he just said.

"Oh no..Shuichi..please don't cry! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to yell, it was just a heat of the moment thing- I didn't really mean it- I love you please-"

"No, it's okay." Shuichi was calm, finally knowing the answer to all of this.

Everyone loved to see him suffer.

"R-Really? You mean it?" Kokichi looked up at Shuichi, lots of hope in his eyes.

"Yeah, like you said, I'm gonna run."

"Huh?"

"Run as far away from you as possible." Shuichi didn't yell, he didn't seem mad, he was calm and collected. But those words crushed Kokichi as hard as his words crushed Shuichi.

"No Shuichi please-"

"Goodbye Kokichi." Shuichi ran off, deciding to take a path through the forest as a short cut to his house. He knew Kokichi wouldn't follow, after all, there could be dangerous things in that forest.

And Kokichi doesn't care about how much it could hurt others after all, only how much it could hurt himself.

When Shuichi got to his house it was empty, his uncle must be out with friends, all Shuichi wanted right now was to cry into his uncle's shoulder.

But Shuichi will never get what he wants, he doesn't deserve it apparently.

Shuichi went up to his room and changed, he was shivering from being out in the rain. He took off his contacts, makeup, and rings. He looked down at the suit, it looked nothing like it had when he first put it on today. It was so disgusting.

"Mom.." Shuichi cried softly, why does everyone who loves him leave him? Shuichi laid down in his bed, maybe some music can get his mind off his miserable existence. He put on his earphones and tried to relax. But to his dismay, the song that was playing was "Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy" and Shuichi was out of skips.

Kokichi always said that song reminded him of Shuichi, he would call him his "sweet loverboy."

For the rest of that night, Shuichi cried himself to sleep as the music softly played in the background.

"Set my alarm, turn up my charm, that's because I'm a good old-fashioned lover boy~"

TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY!?!!?! AND I'M TRYING TO GET TO THREE, BUT DON'T ON IT THOUGH I'M TIRED AS FUCK. Anyways, there might be a chapter or two out tomorrow as well, it depends on how tired I am after my softball practice. If there's none tomorrow, then I'll probably update on Sunday or Monday! Also, sorry about all the sad stuff, I swear Shuichi will start getting his mastermind stuff started soon, it just needs good build up, y'know? Anyhow, hope you enjoyed!!!!