Chapter 24: Weakness

Shuichi ran his fingers through Kokichi's hair while looking at the cameras. Angie had ran back to her dorm and began to cry, so no one knew about Keebo's death. It seemed no one had any interest in going into the theater room, which made Shuichi wonder how long it'll take for Keebo to be discovered. He might even decompose before anyone laid an eye on him.

Shuichi groaned, technically he could start the investigation period whenever he wanted. But he wanted to stay true to the rules of Danganronpa and at least two more students needed to find Keebo's body.

"..would you people hurry up.." Shuichi mumbled. Shuichi sighed and put his laptop away, feeling Kokichi shift closer to him.

"Shuichi.." Kokichi mumbled, slowly opening his eyes. Shuichi realized he could yet use Kokichi to his advantage yet again, he would make the perfect alibi.

"Kokichi dear, you've been asleep ever since I got back." Shuichi whispered as Kokichi slowly got up. Kokichi didn't say anything, all he did was scout close to Shuichi and wrap his arms around him.

"All those people meant nothing Shuichi." The sudden sternness in Kokichi's voice startled Shuichi.

"I could never replace you, don't listen to anything Shirogane says. You'll always be mine."

"Kokichi I wasn't even thinking about that.." Shuichi looked at Kokichi, seeing that he was about to cry.

"Shuichi..I.." Kokichi started, but was cut off by a blood curdling scream.

"OH MY GOD KEEBO IS DEAD-" Shuichi heard Kaito scream.

"This can't be real!" Himiko screeched. Perfect timing, Shuichi didn't want to have to deal with Kokichi's sob story about how much he loves him. As the commotion outside the dorm grew, Kokichi began to cry into Shuichi's shoulder, like a scared animal.

"Shuichi..! I'm scared! K-Keebo is dead?" Kokichi sniffled, Shuichi felt guilt wash over him.

I never meant to make him cry..shouldn't I be enjoying this? Enjoying his pain? Why am I feeling this way?

Shuichi sighed, he wiped the tears from Kokichi's eyes. He rubbed Kokichi's back, trying to calm him down.

"Kokichi it's okay.."

"I don't wanna die! I-I don't wanna!" Kokichi cried out, Shuichi felt sick to his stomach, he needed to get Kokichi to stop crying before he starts crying too.

Stop Shuichi stop..don't feel bad..this is exactly what you want..this is good..Kokichi is bad..

Still, that didn't stop Shuichi from holding Kokichi in his arms and making false promises.

"I'll protect you..I'll never let anyone hurt you.." Shuichu whispered, he tried to stop the tears from streaming down his face.

"Shuichi I just..you're all I want..all I need..I just want to be together and start over.." Kokichi whimpered, the crying stopped though, so Shuichi started to feel a little bit better.

"I SWEAR TO GOD SAIHARA- IF YOU KILLED KEEBO-"

Now Shuichi just needs to make it out of this class trial in one piece.