Chapter 15: The Invitation

Shuichi rarely went back to his house after that. He preferred to spend most of his time working on his masterpiece. Over the many months that followed, Shuichi had done lots of work. He had made a proper trial room, cleaned the dormitory, found a way to keep good fresh, and even managed to get his laptop some service out here. Everything was going according to plan, and Shuichi couldn't be happier. The months he spent alone, he learned a lot about himself, like his fear gross rotten food. That's about it actually.

But a lot of time has past, it's a week till it would be a a full year since the incident happened. And Shuichi knew he needed a way to get everyone here, he was going to disguise the whole thing as a party. A costume party, ironic isn't it? How in a way, when those kids killed the hope and innocence in Shuichi at a costume party. Now Shuichi was going to kill them, literally! But every party needs an invitation, Shuichi needed to invite all fourteen students.

He needed to go to the school, but that's easier said than done. Considering he's not enrolled anymore and there's not anyone to reenroll him now. And that fact that he lied about his death. But like always, Shuichi had a plan. He was going to sneak into the school and place the invitation in each persons locker. So Shuichi waited until school was over and he decided to head out.

And low and behold, there was Kokichi, with another guy. But it was a different person than last time, you know when Shuichi secretly takes walks around the neighborhood he would always see Kokichi with a different guy. But the conversation would always be the same.

"Come onnn! Let's go to my house and watch crime documentaries! Or maybe Danganronpa if you want.."

Shuichi looked away in disgust. He had better things to do. It was a hard task, sneaking into the school when all the teachers are still around. But when Shuichi puts his mind to it, he can do almost anything. Which is why he's getting away with murder. Shuichi knew everyone's locker, in fact, he knew every little piece of information about those students. He had spent hours upon hours cyberstalking and scaring informs out of the gossips at school. He knew all the dirt on everyone, and boy was it interesting.

Shuichi slipped envelopes into each locker. It had everything he needed, where it was, what time, emphasizing that you had to be ON time. Not too early and not too late. And finally, what they will be dressing up as to really sell it across. Shuichi giggled as he slipped each envelope into each locker. He hoped that everyone would come, otherwise it'll be so boring, and he'd just have to kill the rest another way. Shuichi finally got to the last locker on the list. Kokichi's locker, he had been thinking about this for a long time, debating whenever or not Kokichi should actually be invited to this party.

"This is what you get for betraying me, Oma." Shuichi whispered to himself as he slipped the last envelope in.

The next day

Ever since Shuichi passed life has never been the same for Kokichi. It was hard when Shuichi left him the first time, and now Shuichi has left him forever. The worst thing is, he can't find out what happened to him. There's nothing on the news about it. Another thing that was bothering Kokichi is the gift he recieved the day when he learned the news. It was a boquette of roses with a tiny love letter attached to it. Kokichi knew that Shuichi had to be the one that sent this, it was his handwriting after all. But how could he send that if he was dead? Maybe his uncle delivered it for him? But Kokichi couldn't know because his uncle won't answer the door when Kokichi knocks. And he swears sometimes he can see Shuichi out of the corner of his eye when he's with his new..

A wave a guilt drowned Kokichi. He could never replace him, no matter how hard he tried. It would never work, it seems he's lost the love of his life.

Kokichi slowly opened his locker, quickly glancing around to make sure no one was sneaking up behind him. Ever since Shuichi unenrolled, Kokichi became the prime target of all the cruelty. Maybe that was one of the reasons Kokichi wanted Shuichi back so bad, so that he could take all the beatings for him.

"Huh? What's this?" Kokichi noticed something on top of his books. It was another letter, but this time an invitation. To a party, a costume party, on the same day as the incident. It was in an abobanded school in the forest near the area. Kokichi felt sick to his stomach.

"What kind of sick joke is this?!" Kokichi tore up the letter up into shreds. He was mad and disgusted, he would forever hate that day, the day that ruined his life forever. But the more Kokichi thought about it, the more drawn he felt to come to this party.

"What is wrong with me.."

I'm like half asleep writing this so sorry for any mistakes I might've made. Hope you enjoy enjoyed this chapter!