Chapter 27: Only One For You

"It wasn't me! I-It wasn't me!" Angie cried, trying to get free.

"Well if you didn't do it then we'd all be dead..so.." Shuichi murmured, shaking his head.

"He has a point Yonaga, I knew you could be cruel but not that cruel.." Tenko shivered, Angie cried out for help but everyone just..left her. They so easily turned their backs to her.

Selfish creatures really, leaving their once beloved friend to die.

Everyone did as told, walking back to their own dorms, as Shuichi stepped inside, he felt the door be stopped by someone. Which was of course Kokichi.

"Hey." Kokichi looked off to the side, Shuichi stuck up his nose.

"What?" Shuichi scoffed, crossing him arms. Couldn't this wait? Shuichi had better things to do, like execute Angie.

"I'm sorry for not protecting you." Kokichi sighed, trying to get close to Shuichi, but he was pushed away.

"We could've all died, you're lucky they didn't start accusing you. They'd never believe me." Shuichi hissed, Kokichi clenched his teeth.

"They only know I exist because of you." Shuichi paused for a second, was Kokichi trying to guilt trip him?

"Yeah remember that time when I got ganged up by Momota, and Amami while we were on our second date? I bet you were glad they didn't know you existed then. Remember how you stood there and watched me cry? Remember how you told me you like seeing me crying in pain after?" Shuichi had pushed that memory far far back in his brain, at the time Kokichi had heard about Shuichi getting beat up, but never saw it before. When Kokichi came to help Shuichi after the beating, he said these exact words to him.

"I'm sorry baby, I would've helped but I loved seeing you cry in pain.."

"H-Huh?"

"I'm so sorry..let's just go home.."

Kokichi didn't speak a word, just a guilty expression on his face.

"That's all you do..you let people treat me like shit! A-And you like it! You..get off to it!"

"Shut up! Shut the fuck up!" Kokichi screamed, grabbing Shuichi tight by the wrist.

"Shuichi I can't lose you! I can't..I fucking..I fucking love you! Sure I messed up in the past, but I'm here now! I'm never letting go..now come give me a hug sweetheart.." Kokichi leaned in, Shuichi freaked, he pushed Kokichi out the dorm and quickly shut the door. Kokichi started banging, making Shuichi panic even more.

"Please Shuichi! You're all that I have! All that I need!" Kokichi shouted, Shuichi locked the door and slid onto the floor. He tucked his head into his knees, he cried, for real this time. What the fuck happened? Kokichi used to be so sweet, sure he was weird at times like on their second date, but never like this.

"Mommy.." Shuichi cried, "Save me.."

Such a pathetic look for a mastermind, don't you have someone you should be executing?

..can't I just cry for a little while?

Shuichi sobbed even after the banging stopped, he tried to pull himself up, he really did. I guess Angie will just have to wait. Why can't Kokichi love him like he used to? Maybe Shuichi should've gone with the first plan he came up with..just leave the world all together..

"Together till the end, right Kokichi?"

"Together till the end, Shuichi."