Chapter 30: Parasite

"I need to stop doubting myself.." Shuichi mumbled to himself, he checked his phone and saw that it was already 7:00 am.

So he slowly got out of his bed and released to morning announcements. He stepped out of his dorm and slouched over to the dinner room, Shuichi rubbed his eyes as he took a seat at one of the tables. He could feel himself getting more and more tired by the minute, maybe he'd take the day off and let the tension rise a little.

Shuichi looked around the room, seeing the absolute despair on everyone's face. It was priceless.

"Did you see her?! It was disgusting! I gonna puke just thinking about it.." Himiko whimpered, playing with the food in her plate.

"Don't even talk about it.." Ryoma sighed, not even bothering to get a plate of food. Shuichi looked over, seeing Maki resting her head on Kaito's shoulder.

"I swear Maki, it was the most gruesome thing I've ever seen!" Kaito held onto Maki's hand tightly, Maki just sighed and looked off to the side.

"We'll get out of this Kaito, I swear." Her voice was not cold and mean like it was with everyone else, it was soft and sweet. Shuichi quickly picked up and this.

Kaito and Maki soften around each other, they let down their walls.

"..honestly it might just be better to kill yourself if you're ever the culprit." Kaede was in the corner of the room, her eyes were wide and staring at the floor.

It seems everyone was utterly traumatized by what they saw in the trial room. It's understandable, it's not everyday you see the mangled corpse of someone who was once your former friend. It makes you think if you're next in line for that type of fate.

Shuichi felt someone touch his hand for a brief moment, so he looked up from his comfortable position which was laying his head down on the table.

It was Kokichi, per usual, he'll never leave Shuichi alone.

"Hey Shuichi.." Kokichi whispered, but Shuichi didn't dare to speak a word. He looked off to the other side, hoping Kokichi would just go away.

"Last night.. I'm so sorry.." Kokichi apologized many times, but Shuichi didn't budge. He remained silent.

"I didn't know what came over me, all that banging and stuff..It was wrong and gross of me."  Shuichi rolled his eyes, but slowly turned his head back to Kokichi.

"It's okay." Shuichi smiled, he was going to try this again, he was going to manipulate Kokichi to get what he wants.

And there will be no catching feelings, Shuichi had done a lot of thinking the other night, he knows that he can't get attached.

Or else he'd be letting the whole world down, more importantly he'd be letting his mom down.

"It's not okay Shuichi it's really not-" Shuichi pressed his finger against Kokichi's lips and shushed him. This was no time for Kokichi to come to his senses.

"I need you to do me a favor." Shuichi said in a soft yet demanding voice.

"Yes, anything for you Shuichi." Kokichi quickly stammerer, Shuichi was put off in the quick change of attitude, but whatever works.

"In the gym, there's a storage room on the side with a shovel, I need you to take it and bring it to the old art classroom." Shuichi could've easily done this himself but he was much too tired to do anything like that. It also gets Kokichi away from him, which is good.

"What? Why? I'm not so sure.." Kokichi mumbled, Shuichi let out a quiet angry sigh. Why can't Kokichi just do what he's told? If he's so desperate for Shuichi's love then why does he ask so many stupid questions?

"Once you're down come back to my dorm and we can cuddle, I didn't get much sleep last night."

"Of course sweetheart, it'll be down in a heartbeat." Kokichi smiled and ran off to do what he was told, Shuichi grinned, Kokichi was so easy to persuade.

Shuichi bit his lip, he couldn't get over what Kokichi did last night but he also felt he could benefit from Kokichi. Having someone do the dirty work could draw suspicion away from Shuichi and onto Kokichi himself. Kokichi's lovesick personality has potential, but needs to be controlled.

"Hurry along my little parasite."