Chapter 31: Ms. Akamatsu

Shuichi watched as Kokichi wandered off, he let out a quiet sigh.

He decided to just.. sit for awhile, listening to the people chatter and panic around him. Until yet again he heard someone call his name.

"I know what you did." Shuichi glanced over to see Tsumugi, sitting right next to him again. Shuichi felt a shiver go down his spine, he tried to avoid eye contact. It was his go to when he didn't want to talk to someone, just pretend they're not there.

"Don't pretend like you can't hear me, you framed Angie, I know you did." Shuichi started to get aggravated, if Tsumugi doesn't leave him alone then he might to have to make her shut up.

By removing her vocal cords.

"Admit it." Tsumugi snarled, Shuichi sighed and looked at her.

"I didn't do anything.. I'm sorry for your loss but.." Shuichi mumbled, lowering his head down like a sad puppy. In a flash Shuichi felt a red hot pain be slammed across his face. Tsumugi slapped him, a cold harsh look on her face.

"I can see through your act, don't try to guilt trip me." Shuichi tried not to scream and rip Tsumugi apart, so he resorted pretending to tear up.

"Leave him alone, Shirogane." Kaede spoke up, she was behind Tsumugi, with a firm hand placed on her shoulder. Tsumugi wasn't afraid though, she just had an annoyed look on her face. But she knew not to toy with Kaede, so she just gave Shuichi the side eye, with a sly look on her face before leaving.

Kaede scoffed, glaring as Tsumugi as she walked off. She then looked at Shuichi and sat down next to him.

"You okay?" She asked, Shuichi mentally sighed as he wiped the fake tears from his face. He smiled at Kaede softly.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Thank you." Kaede returned the smile slightly, though she just wasn't the type to grin.

Surprisingly, Kaede stuck around and started to talk to Shuichi. The two seemed to click as friends immediately, even given the circumstance.

Kaede's hand briefly brushed Shuichi's hand for a second, causing Shuichi to have a feeling he hasn't felt in a very long time.

He felt butterflies.

You interest me, Ms. Akamatsu, keep it up and I might let you live~

The two continued their chatter about everything and nothing. Shuichi had not been this intrigued about what someone was saying in ages, Shuichi didn't even notice how his hand was resting on top of Kaede's while they spoke.

But someone sure as hell did.

"Hey Shuichi~ eh- who's this?" Kokichi had a look of visible disgust when he saw Kaede talking with Shuichi. He noticed Kokichi's obvious jealously, he snickered quietly.

It seems like Kokichi might get to her first before I can delay her death, what a shame.

"Is she bothering you, love?" Kokichi looked at Shuichi, in return Shuichi gulped and removed his hand from on top of Kaede's and put them in his lap.

"Oh..! No! Kaede and I were just talking, that's all!"

Kokichi raised an eyebrow, looking at Kaede with uncertainty, he leaned in and started whispering in Shuichi's ear.

"You don't need to pretend sweetie, it's okay." Kokichi whispered.

"I'm not pretending..!" Shuichi stammered, pushing Kokichi away. Kokichi looked at Shuichi surprised, he opened his mouth to say something, but took a deep breath instead.

"Alright then, but can we go back to your dorm, I'm sleepy.." Kokichi begged, impatiently tapping his foot, Shuichi sighed and got up. He looked at Kaede and smiled.

"It was nice talking to you Akamatsu." Kaede smiled back, a full smile this time, teeth and everything.

"Yup! Nice chatting with you too, Shuichi!" Shuichi was surprised at the usage of his first name.

Kokichi dragged Shuichi all the way back to the dorm, Shuichi instinctively sat on the bed and yawned, forgetting how tired he was.

"You only love me right?" Kokichi asked, climbing into Shuichi's arms. There we go again, with that same stupid question Kokichi asked at every opportunity. Kokichi's grip on Shuichi was getting tighter and tighter by the minute, Shuichi eyes were getting heavy. He couldn't tell if it was the effect of lack of sleep, or Kokichi crushing his lungs.

"Good, cause I don't know what I'd do if you loved someone else.."

Shuichi felt like he was going to die.

"I love you Shuichi.. I love you.." Kokichi kept repeating as Shuichi blacked out.