Chapter 17: The Games Begin

All of the students looked up at the ceiling, trying to figure out who the hell said that. Shuichi had left prerecorded messages and he can send out to the school with just a tap on his phone. It was very convenient, he wonders if Junko had put more thought into her plan, then maybe she wouldn't have been discovered. And it would be a breeze for her.

Kaito sighed and glared at Shuichi.

"Well, I don't care about stupid Saihara. I came here to party, we can use him as a punching bag later." Kaito snickered, the rest of the students glaring at Shuichi and laughing. If he could just kill them all right now, cut their limbs off and listen to them scream. That would be more than enough, but Shuichi can't let his violent urges get the best of him, no, he was making something beautiful. He was making art.

"Let's just to the gym or wherever we're going." Rantaro suggested. The rest of the students nodded and made their way over. Leaving Kokichi and Shuichi behind.

"Shui-"

"I didn't say you could call me that, Oma." Shuichi said firmly, escaping from Kokichi's grasp.

"You know, you're quite touchy with someone who said they wanted nothing to do with you." Kokichi's eyes were wide, filled with shame and regret.

"Shu- Saihara-kun I'm sorry.." Kokichi pleaded, "You're the only one for me.."

"Only one for you huh? How about you tell that to your actual boyfriend."

"No it's not like that! He's just.. He doesn't mean anything!"

"You disgust me Oma.. I thought.. I thought you really lover me.." Shuichi sniffled and ran off. When he caught up with the others, he tried to contain his laughter. That performance was so convincing that Shuichi himself thought he actually was feeling sad! He can't wait to see what  his adoring fans think. Oh it was wonderful!

"Why is the projector down? Korekiyo dear I thought this place was abandoned." Kirumi questioned, investigating the big projector screen in front of all of them. Kokichi ran into the room soon after.

"Maybe the host was just preparing for our arrival." Korekiyo replied.

"I don't give two fucks about how or when this projector got here! I came here to party and dammit I'm gonna party!" Miu huffed as she stomped her foot.

"Calm down Iruma, you're acting like you're already drunk, hehe~" Angie chimed.

Throughout all the commotion, Shuichi slipped to the back of the room, and turned on a prerecorded video. Suddenly, the black silhouette appeared on the screen, with a black bear in their arms.

"Hahaha! Welcome! Welcome!" The voice booming from the screen was distorted, so no one could really know who it was.

"Welcome to my new and improved killing game!" Everyone stopped for a second, silencing their ramblings and their over hyper movements. They just stood there, processing what they just heard.

"A-A killing game!?" Gonta screeched, there was a lot of screaming from him. But the recording continued.

"Yup, you've been chosen for my fun little game! But don't fret dear ones, two of you will make it out alive!~"

"What kind of sick joke is this?" Ryoma mumbled, while Keebo looked pale.

"Now since you're all new to this, let me lay down the rules..First off, you'll be the ones doing the killing. Not me."

"What the fuck!? We'd never kill each other! Except maybe Saih-" Maki nudged Kaito before he could finish.

"And if you're doubting me, just know that I have my ways~ Anyways, once a person does bite the dust it'll be your job to figure it out. You'll have time to get clues and come up with a theory, then, you'll discuss and vote during the class trial! And just a little reminder, if you fail to figure it out then you'll all die! Except the culprit of course, they'll get to live and escape! And.. That's the only way out, until there's only two people left! And remember, there's a kill limit to two people per person. That's all! There's food for you to eat and dorms for you to stay in. Good luck~" Then, the projector turned off. Leaving the students with their own thoughts.

"..what.." Keebo whimpered. Pure chaos started, people were screaming and crying, trying to break out whatever way they can. But thanks to Shuichi's little helper, everything was barricaded. It was music to Shuichi's ears. But of course he couldn't show this, he let a fear tears slip down his face. Quietly sobbing to himself.

"You! Don't you fucking cry! You have no reason to freak!" Kaito shouted, pointing at Shuichi.

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean, Momota.." Shuichi muttered, looking off to the side.

"I bet you're enjoying every bit of this huh!?" Angie joined in, and soon all the others too. They were all accusing Shuichi, saying he'd enjoy something like this. Shuichi had never accounted for this- For them to assumed he'd put himself in danger with all the others. He could already feel his chance slipping out of his hands, his hope of revenge slowly fading.

"Wait! Wait! I-It's not him!" Kokichi cried out, stepping in front of Shuichi.

"Think about it! Why would someone behind this thing put themselves in with everyone else? They could easily be killed first and never see their plan go to full fuicention! That's all this person wants, is to see us suffer, don't you get that!?" Everyone went silence after that. Kaito stared down at Kokichi, Kokichi stood his ground for a bit, but took steps off to the side.

"He's got a point Kaito." Maki added, grabbing onto Kaito's hand.

"Eh!? Maki you too!?"

"I mean I hate Saihara as much as the next guy, but it doesn't make any sense for him to put himself in danger if he wanted to see us all suffer." Kaito wanted to protest, but kept his mouth shut, letting Maki win.

"I guess you're right.. But watch your back Saihara! I'm still suspicious of you. Come on, let's find our dorms or something." Kaito scoffe and walked away, the rest of students slowly starting filing out of the gym as well. Leaving Shuichi and Kokichi alone once again.

Shuichi thought about what just happened, Kokichi.. protected him. He almost lost everything but Kokichi saved him. Maybe for now, it'll be useful to keep Kokichi around.

"Hey.." Shuichi muttered softly.

Kokichi turned around, looking at Shuichi.

"Oh uh.. S-Sorry Saihara I just.."

"No, no, thank you Kokichi.. I appreciate it.." Kokichi's eyes lit up when he heard Shuichi say his first name.

"It's nothing Shuichi.. I just wanted to make it up to you!" Kokichi smiled, Shuichi opened his arms up, asking for a hug. Kokichi blushed and hugged Shuichi tightly, resting his head on Shuichi's shoulder like he did oh so long ago. Shuichi just grinned but it wasn't a warm grin, it was a grin of deceit.

"And to think I was going to kill you first.."