Chapter 26: Our First Class Trial

Kokichi stopped speaking immediately, Shuichi started mentally panicking, he wasn't suppose to say that. But was it really his fault? Shuichi couldn't help but get a little angry, someone saying that you belong to them all the time gets annoying.

"Kokichi I didn't mean it, I'm just stressed, okay?" Kokichi nodded, but didn't speak a word. Shuichi sighed as they arrived in the trial room.

Everyone had their own pedestal with their names writing on it, everyone got into place, without any instruction! Wow, they're smarter than Shuichi thought. This'll be fun.

"Okay everyone! Here are the rules, you'll have a certain amount of time to talk about what you've found, your alibis, and who you think might be our culprit! Once that time is up, you'll all vote! The majority wins, and if you get it wrong..you'll all die! But if you get it right, only the culprit dies! Okay, have fun, you're time begins now!" After the voice announced what to do, the trial room was filled with silence for a bit. Shuichi sighed, guess he'll have to do everything around here.

"So, we know that Keebo died from-"

"One of the props in the theater room!" Miu chimed, she looked proud, Shuichi looked at her with visible disgust. How could she get something so easy wrong?

"..actually, we know he died from something much smaller, the stab wounds were much smaller and cleaner. If our culprit used a prop, then Keebo's body would have been in worse shape than it was to put it simply."

"Well what do you think it was Mr. Know It All?" Miu crossed her arms and scoffed, Shuichi rolled his eyes.

"As you can Ms. Whore, it was a pocket knife." His tone was mocking and full of cockiness, he had completely let go of the persona that he had built up. It was a complete personality change.

"I'm not a w-whore! I'm golden haired beauty-"

"Yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that." Shuichi once again rolled his eyes.

"Nyahaha~ It seems like Saihara is showing his true colors..and it looks those colors are blood red!~" Angie sang, Shuichi raised his eyebrow, a smirk on his face.

"Showing my true colors? Well I have some pretty incriminating evidence against you Yonaga." Shuichi had stuffed every piece of evidence he could find in his book bag he used to take to school. After rummaging a bit he pulled out Angie's clothing, covered in crimson red blood. 

"Isn't this yours?" Angie's eyes grew wide, and everyone's eyes went to her bright pink princess dress.

"Oh my! I didn't even notice her clothing changed!" Kirumi gasped.

"Quite the damming evidence indeed." Korekiyo added.

"Explain yourself Yonaga." Shuichi stared right at Angie, his voice was cold and demanding. Angie gulped, trying to think of something to say.

"Objection!" Kaito shouted, Shuichi gave him a annoyed look.

"What is this, Ace Attorney? You can just say 'no that's wrong' or something." Shuichi scoffed, Kaito gripped the railing in front of him in anger.

"Say what you want murderer, but Yonaga was with us the whole time when we got called to the gym! You weren't." Everyone agreed with Kaito, and the suspicion was back on Shuichi.

"Well I have two accounts-"

"Actually, now that I think about it, I thought I saw Shuichi leave right before Keebo died." Tsumugi had an evil smile on her face, Shuichi froze up.

"You probably covered Angie  in paint when she was off guard to frame her!" Tenko joined in, Shuichi looked around the room, seeing Kokichi staring right at him. Shuichi looked at Kokichi with demanding eyes, he could see Kokichi tense up.

'Speak.' Shuichi mouthed, but Kokichi just squeezed his scared little puppy eyes shut. Shuichi sighed, looks like he'll have to go with plan B. Which was run away and lock everyone in the trial room until they eventually starve, but that was no fun. Shuichi sighed, preparing to slowly kill them all, until Rantaro spoke up.

"I'd hate to stop the accuse Saihara train but, Yonaga wasn't with us the whole time, she ran off to find Keebo when that person talked about him trying to get her kicked off of student council." Rantaro scratched the back of his head, giving Angie the side eye.

"Y-Yes exactly!" Shuichi's eyes brightened at Rantaro's remark.

"Gonta did hear Keebo call out to Yonaga when she was screaming for him." Gonta murmured, looking at Angie with sad eyes.

"Then we found his dead soon after, I think that Saihara might be innocent." Maki added, Kaito crossed his arms and looked off to the side.

"Looks like you were about to get us all killed because of your stupid hatred for me." Shuichi snickered, his gaze darkened at Angie though, he could almost smell her fear like a crazed dog would.

"..but forgive and forget, what do you have to say for yourself, Yonaga?" Angie squirmed in place, looking off to the side, it seems that she is already accepting her fate.

"Alright everyone! It's voting time! Simply write down who you think is the culprit and put them in the tissue box!" Everyone looked towards the center of the trial room, seeing scratch papers, pencils, and a tissue box sitting there. Everyone one by one wrote down someone's name and put it in the box, when everyone had voted, that's when the room went dark.

"Alright everyone~ I'll be counting now~ If you move I'll kill you." Shuichi moved slowly, he grabbed the tissue box and slowly began counting the votes. He smiled, the votes were as he is expected, the majority voted for Angie.

Except one person, who voted for Shuichi.

Shuichi returned to his pedestal and turned on the lights, everyone was frozen in place. As expected.

"Alright everyone the votes are in!~ Angie Yonaga!~ Yup, yup, you guys are correct!~" Everyone's faces were filled with disappointment and shock, Angie could only cry, awaiting her fate. Tsumugi grabbed her hand, and whispered something in her ear, all Angie could do is cry and hug Tsumugi.

So they're romantically involved? That's why Shirogane switched the suspicion on me..

"Okay, okay, everyone return to their OWN dorms and stay in there until I say so. If you do leave, then you won't like what you see." Angie tried to move but was kept in place by a anklet that's connected to the pedestal.

"Oh and for Angie, just sit back, relax, and patiently wait for you execution~"