Chapter 34: Swim Day

Kokichi dragged Shuichi to the pool, rambling about how they had turned the art room into the boy's changing room, and the cooking class into the girl's changing room. Apparently they both lead to the pool, Shuichi already knew this of course. He was the one who had barricaded the door to the swim room in the first place.

When Shuichi arrived in the art room, he saw the shovel that he told Kokichi to place there in the corner of the room. He smirked, knowing that he could have someone killed whenever he wanted.

"Come Shuichi! Let's get you dressed~" Kokichi chimed, smothering Shuichi's face in kisses.

Gross.

Shuichi quickly got dressed into swim trunks, he didn't trust the old and used ones that he found when he first discovered this place, so he went out and bought new ones. Each one fitting everyone perfect, which Shuichi would think they would find odd but perhaps they're too dumb to notice.

That's when Kokichi led Shuichi into the indoor swimming room, everyone was having a blast. Maki, Kaito, Kirumi, and Korekiyo we're playing volleyball. Ryoma was laying on his back, floating on top of the water. Rantaro and Miu we're chatting, Gonta was just being..Gonta. Tsumugi was in the corner of the room, thinking who knows what. Himiko and Tenko were in the corner, probably fretting about the future. And Kaede was waving to Shuichi, inviting him to come in.

Shuichi started to get in and join Kaede but Kokichi grabbed him by the shoulder.

"No Shuichi." Kokichi snarled, Shuichi spun around, immediately aggravated by how Kokichi spoke.

"Who said you could talk to me like-" Shuichi started to break character, but quickly calmed down. He couldn't scream at Kokichi here, especially in front of all of these people.

"Sorry Kokichi.." Shuichi whimpered, tilting his head down. Kokichi immediately took back his words, and kissing Shuichi on the cheek.

"Eeek..! I'm so sorry my sweet Shuichi!! But Kaede is trying to steal you from me— What if she tries to kill-" Kokichi started on a rant about how Kaede was evil and untrustworthy, but Shuichi couldn't care less. He scanned the room, looking at the joy on everyone's faces, he was disgusted by it. It had not been that long ago since Keebo or Angie had died, and yet everyone was acting like they barely knew the two. No mourning, no cries, no nothing.

To Shuichi.. these people aren't human. They aren't worthy of life, how could they casually go about life when at any moment their loved ones could be dead?

"Parasites.." Shuichi hissed, tuning out Kokichi's dumb cries and empty words of affection, "They're all animals.." He said with pure disgust.

"Did you say something Shuichi?" Kokichi tilted his head, Shuichi flinched for a moment, wanting to shove Kokichi down into the pool and never let him get toward the surface. But at the same time.. Kokichi's words brought him down to Earth from his moment of disgust and rage.

"I'm fine Kokichi." Shuichi replied solemnly, "I also think you should give Kaede a chance. She's actually really nice." He commented, watching the rage bubble inside Kokichi. They way his gaze hardened and his clutch his knuckles practically spewing the feeling of envy. Shuichi chucked in his head, perhaps he would have a murder way sooner than he thought.

And Shuichi would be right about that, as a body floated face down across the pool. Rantaro's body.

The room fell quiet for a moment, until screams of fear and disgust. The rustle of those desperately trying to get out of the pool, and feeling of desperation and hopelessness plagued the environment.

Rantaro was dead.

And Shuichi had no idea who did it.

I'm back guys!! lol, sorry for the REALLY long wait, I'm not really into Danganronpa anymore. So I had a hard time getting the motivation to update, but I do like this story, so keep an eye out for updates in the future.

- Kel