Chapter 1: My Not-So-Ordinary New Life

I, Happy, was an ordinary man, who studied in an ordinary school, graduated from an ordinary college, and worked an ordinary job in an ordinary company. So how did the most unordinary thing happen to me?

One night, I was heading back home, after having a few drinks with my colleagues. Suddenly, a message notification pinged my phone. It didn't have the sender's name on it and contained just one line.

<Would you like to experience a mind-blowing world? YES/NO>

I just thought of it as spam and swiped the message away.

But it popped up again. I tried swiping it away again but this time it just stuck to the screen. In frustration I clicked the 'YES', just to make the pop-up go away.

As soon as I pressed the button, the street lights started flickering. A sudden pain emerged from my chest. I clenched my heart and started hyperventilating. I tried to call for help but no soul passed the deserted roads. I lay down on the asphalt gasping for air as my vision started to dwindle.

*****

When I opened my eyes, I was laying down on a bed. A soft blanket covered my body. Rays of light penetrated the room.

Thankfully it looked like someone had noticed my collapsed body and called an ambulance.

I sat up and looked around. But instead of the normal hospital rooms what greeted me was a fancy bedroom. It seemed that the hospital staff had mistaken his identity and put him in one of the VIP rooms. I hurriedly got out of bed to find a nurse, but as soon as I stepped on the floor a horrible pain erupted in my head. Memories that weren't mine started flooding into my head.

When the pain subsided, a status screen appeared in front of me.

Name: Ray Laxon

Title: The Otherworlder

Rank: C

Stats:

Strength 3

Stamina 3.3

Agility 3.4

Perception 5.6

Magic Power 7.1

Intelligence 8.8 →5.5

Charm 7.7

===Memory Synchronisation: 100% ===

Abilities:

Hand-to-Hand Combat (★★★):

Coordinates the body for easy movements and helps the user to use their body to fight more efficiently. Allows the user to easily learn basic martial art techniques.

As mastery increases, it will allow the user to subconsciously dodge dangers.

[Beginner Level]

Brahma Sword Art (★★★★☆):

A sword art that was created to create. With each swing, the user can materialise their mana. Upon mastery, the user will be able to materialise mana into their surroundings and change the terrain temporarily.

[Beginner Level]

Skills:

Appraisal (EX):

Allows the user to check the status of a selected target. The more mana that is used, the more details will be displayed.

Seeing the status screen in front of me and combing through my new memories, I was able to figure out that the original owner of this body was Ray Laxon, a professor at the Star Academy. But the weird thing was that the names Laxon and Star Academy were familiar to me.