Chapter 42

"Aaahhh!"

A blood-curdling scream escaped Ryder's lips, carrying over the entire neighborhood.

"Deus! What is happening?" I yelled, positioning his neck so he wouldn't choke on his vomit.

"I don't know. Appraisal says his vitals are all normal." Deus panicked, quickly checking the status screen for any abnormalities.

"Ryder!?" Behind me, Rachel and Misa jumped over the wall. Rachel quickly rushed to her brother's side, pushing me away.

"Ryder! Ryder, stay with me. You are gonna be all right." She begged as Ryder spasmed in her arms.

"What did you do?" Misa demanded an explanation, as I just stared in horror. Until now none of the Potions had shown any side effects so I naively believed that it would be the same this time as well.

"Blergh" Finally, Ryder vomited another pool of dark blood. But this time a black pearl was swimming in it.

'Crack!' The sphere broke into two pieces as soon as it left his body, releasing demonic energy.

"What is that?" Misa cautiously examined it, covering her hand in mana to pick it up. Whatever it was, now that it had gone out of Ryder's body, he seemed to have become more stable.

Unconscious...but stable.

Deus and I sighed in relief. 'The Potion was a success!'

'Whoosh!' A wave of mana burst out of Ryder's body. Now that the Curse was gone, the previously constrained mana had forced Ryder to Awaken.

'I wonder what the brother of the female lead is capable of?'

'Appraisal!'

=====

Name: Ryder Briar

Rank: E

Stats:

Strength 2Stamina 2Agility 1Perception 1Magic Power 2Intelligence 4.6Charm 6.7

Skills:

Herald of Cataclysm(SS): Allows the user to summon natural disasters, bringing forth massive death and destruction. On a smaller scale, allows the user to completely manipulate their surroundings.[Inherited] Dryad's Blessing (S): It increases the mana replenishment rate of the user if they are close to nature. In a forest, the user's mana will be almost unlimited.Plant Manipulation(B): Allows the user to manipulate plants in the vicinity.

Potential Rank: SS

Suitable Class: Berserker

Mana Compatibility: Mana Compatibility:

Air: 100% Earth: 100%Fire: 100%Water: 100%

======

'Oh, my god! Isn't this guy a monster? He has the same skills as Rufus.' Deus yelled in my mind, his voice full of excitement.

I agreed with him. Ryder was truly a monster. He might even become the next 'Nature's Sovereign' in the future.

"And it certainly isn't bad that such a strong individual is now indebted to me.'

But as I examined his Stats, I noticed something strange. Normally, when a person Awakens, all the active Stats begin with a 1, no matter how good their previous training had been. Yet Ryder's Magic, Strength, and Stamina started with 2. 'Was it because his Awakening was suppressed by the Curse for so long?'