Chapter 39: At Peace With It

Mike, Izzy, and I were currently visiting Ryder at the hospital. It surprised me that Izzy wanted to come with us since Ryder was a person who didn't keep many friends.

But surprisingly, unlike her introverted brother, Izzy was a social butterfly and made fast friends with those around her.

Since the hospital was meant to be a quiet space, Mike decided to leave his two high-spirited companions back at home, under the precious care of Jacob, who was spoiling them with his food.

Deus wriggled on my arm. I decided to bring him with me since his health expertise might come in handy. Though, of course, unless the root of the pain, the curse, wasn't removed from Ryder's body, any Healing Magic Deus uses on him won't be effective.

Thankfully, I had already completed the Curse-Breaking Potion. Now the only thing left to do was to administer it to Ryder.

In the past few days, I thought of all the possible scenarios I could go with the Potion.

At first, I thought I could break Ryder's curse in front of the executives of the Hero League, and prove to them how valuable an asset I was. They won't possibly execute someone who could make such legendary Potions. I had also been steadily selling various Potions on Pandora's Box, so my reputation as a Potion supplier was rising steadily.

But after some more thought, I decided that revealing the information would be too risky. If the League executives knew about my Potion, they would want to use it for themselves or ask for the recipe. There was no way I would hand over such an important Potion to such power-hungry people.

Not to mention I only had three doses of it. Two, if I exclude the one I would be giving Ryder. The ingredients for the Potion were also very rare. so I doubt I would get a chance to make another batch.

The best plan would be to keep the remaining Potions with me. The only people who will be knowing about this secret would be the Briar Family.

'I am sure Rufus won't do anything to threaten the life of his precious grandson's savior.'

I knocked on the door to Ryder and Rachel's room.

"Come in!" Rachel called us in.

I opened the door and the three of us entered. Being a VIP room, it was pretty spacious inside, equipped with a TV and a huge window overlooking the beautiful garden. Rachel was resting in her bed, while the one beside her was empty.

"Professor Ray! Mike! Thank you for coming!" Rachel greeted us, her voice a bit cracked, as if she had been crying.

"I hope we didn't interrupt your sleep or anything?"

"You didn't." She dismissed my worried. "I was already up talking to some of my Academy friends. You just missed them."

"And where did Ryder go?" I asked, pointing to the empty bed

"He just went outside for some air."

'Hmm. Hey, Deus, can you go and check on Ryder for me?'

'Sure!' Deus activated the Fade Skill and slithered off my arm, disappearing out of the room.

"We got a 'Get well soon!' gift for you two." Mike interjected, proudly showing off a box of cake they had brought with them.

"That's very sweet of you." Rachel thanked him. Rachel then glanced at Izzy.

"Ah, hello. I am Ray's sister. Isabella Laxon." She introduced herself. "Though we are not really part of the Laxon Family anymore."