Chapter 29: A Day In the Life Of A Protagonist

While outside the Capital City, a dispute had taken place between the Woodland Folks and the Humans, the situation was equally grim inside the walls of the Academy.

A meeting between the first-years and the second-years commenced in an empty classroom.

On one side sat the first-year students, headed by Rhian, Luke, and Rachel. The other side had the second-years with Miyu and her classmate, Hidde, a tall and bulky blond. The #1 Rank second-year wasn't with them, but Rhian was still relieved that such strong Awakened had gathered together.

Behind the first trio stood the other students, mainly Luke's two lackeys and Priyanka, a childhood friend of Rachel who had been reluctantly dragged here. On Miyu's side were her two best friends, Kyla and Ophelia.

Kyla was a strong woman with a rough warrior-like appearance. She had mud-brown hair and eyes, sporting a leather jacket as well black combat boots.

Ophelia, on the other hand, had a playful twinkle in her eyes, like a class troublemaker ready to prank the teacher.

Her black hair fell in loose waves around her shoulders, a stark contrast to her striking snake-green eyes. At first glance, she appeared to be a devout believer in Christ, with crosses adorning her earrings and rings, but her mischievous smile suggested a darker side. She wore an off-shoulder black top and matching skirt that accentuated her slender waist and elegant collarbones.

In their second year at the Academy, students are required to enter different tournaments with students from other Hero Academies. On the surface, these competitions were supposed to promote trust and teamwork among future generations of heroes, but in reality, it was used by the students to dominate others and set the foundation for their reputation, so that in their third year, they are able to gain internships to bigger Guilds.

Despite not being Heroes yet, Kyla and Ophelia were famous as "The Mastermind and The Executioner" duo. Among the student circles, it was rumoured that as long as those two are together, even a C+ Rank Hero would have trouble against the two D Ranks, their teamwork was flawless.

The two were standing at either side of Miyu, like bodyguards, and for some reason, they were glaring at him.

"Ahem, now that everyone has gathered together, let's begin our meeting." Rhian started the meeting. "As we all know, during the First Years' Midterms, monsters invaded our Academy and have been attacking the students ever since. This meeting has been called upon so that we students can help to resolve the problem."

"Isn't resolving problems like this the job of the Professors?" Priyanka complained, ready to leave this troublesome situation at any time. She would have gone back home like the other students, but she was worried about Rachel staying here, so decided otherwise.

"Of course, the professors are doing their job, but with monsters attacking the students, and the traitor still at large, the manpower has been spread too thin. That's why we, as future Heroes, should help them." Rhian explained.

Hearing the conversation, Luke stood up and pointed at him. "Before that, why is the commoner acting like he is our leader? He doesn't even have any experience in politics. Do you think leading others is so easy?"

Rhian silently scoffed at his comment. In his previous life, Rhian was one of the top aristocrats of his home planet, his title being Archduke. He had far more experience in these kinds of things than the newbies that were gathered here. But since he couldn't reveal any of that here, he decided to compromise.

"If you don't want to follow me, that's fine. Why don't we do this? There are two tasks at hand. One is to kill the monsters that are wandering the Academy. And the other is to find the person who let them in. We can split into teams and each can fulfil one of them."