Chapter 10: At The Academy

Misa had been teaching at the Star Academy for many years now, but this was the most troublesome year she had ever experienced in her life.

She had been made the homeroom professor of the children of some of the big shots of the Hero World, so she thought that they would be more mature than everyone, going after their disciplined parents, but they were no different than spoiled brats.

Luke was constantly bullying the #1 First-Year Cadet through his lackeys. Misa tried to help Rhian as much as she could, but she could only do so much with her reputation and not make one of the top Guilds her enemy.

Luke would make his lackeys constantly challenge Rhian to duels and then they would use powerful attacks in an attempt to cripple Rhian and gain themselves a spot in Luke's good books.

Those oblivious students had no idea that doing something like this would most likely get them expelled and Luke Vestillo would provide them no help, cutting them off like cannon fodder. That was one cruel bastard, with an over-inflated ego to boot. A far cry from his father, Shade Vestillo, who had gained several achievements by saving entire cities from monster invasions.

Well not that she can blame him, either. Even some of the professors looked down on Rhian because of his middle-class background. They would openly mock him in class, believing that only those who came from 'Top-Class' backgrounds can pursue greater heights and protect humanity.

Rhian had a lot of pride too. Instead of ignoring them, he would taunt them back. This had split almost the entire First-Year students into two main factions, one pursuing the ideology that one's blood and family determine how great a Hero one could become in the future, under Luke, and the other under Rhian, that believed that if provided with similar resources, even ordinary students can grow as strong, if not stronger, than the students from the well-to-do families.

This, added to the fact that she had to monitor Ray Laxon, who didn't show a hint of suspicion, Misa felt that she had aged twenty years in the span of two months.

She scrolled through her documents on Ray Laxon. There had been rumours that there was a dispute between Ray Laxon and his father, Heron Laxon, and that Ray had practically left the Laxon Family and Aurum Guild.

And judging by the fact that he hadn't contacted anyone from his family even once, even his sister, since he came to the Academy, she decided to conclude that Ray Laxon had no information on the secret meetings between the Chaos Alliance and Aurum Guild.

She decided to send her findings to the Hero League, once Ray came back from his vacation. She had pulled some strings to find his destination, thinking it might be some secret location, but it turned out to be Venezia Island.

Well, the Sanskriti Archipelago was surely one of the most relaxing spots for Heroes in the new human world. Dungeons rarely opened there, so it was good for a refreshing runaway from the Dungeon-laden Human Continent.

'Well, now that Ray Laxon is out of suspicion, the Hero League will probably put their resources into investigating Edward Martin.'

Now that was a person she believed could collude with the Fallen.

The infamous love-child of Heron Laxon and his mistress. It had caused quite a scandal, when the news came out, considering people thought that Heron and his wife had quite a good relationship.

What Misa found even more detestable was the fact that Edward's public reputation was squeaky clean as a respectable A+ Rank Hero. But behind the scenes, he was scum that the world would be much better without. Always showing off his connections and using them to set up multiple businesses that were dangling on the thin line between legal and illegal. His morality had already hit rock bottom, making her sometimes wonder how this scum and the introverted Ray Laxon were even siblings.