Chapter 34: The Forbidden Potion

On the night of the Anniversary Party, the Guild executives were enforcing their plan to shift the rumours onto the black sheep of the family.

Unbeknownst to them, the preparation for Ray's escape plan was nearing completion under the supervision of Deus.

In the basement, before Deus stood an ancient ornamental porcelain pot with a half-bloomed lotus bud floating at the centre. With his tail, he held onto a very fragile vial, pouring its contents into the water.

The Lotus of Buddha(A): Gives the possessor complete immunity against the Four Encounters:

Old Age - As long as the user holds the item in their possession, they won't grow older.
Sickness - Wards off all diseases and infections.
Death - Provides the user with rapid regeneration
Ascetic - Makes the user feel numb to worldly desires.

Vial of Michael's Tears(A): Holy water blessed with divine properties by the Archangel Michael. A few drops of this liquid will burn a demon from the inside out.

This Lotus was a key ingredient of a very important Potion that would very well determine the life or death of Deus' Master.

The Curse-Breaking Potion!

When Deus heard about it for the first time from his Master, he thought it was a ridiculous joke.

After all, the ability to place Curses was the exact reason why demons were such an unstoppable force. With no way to reverse Curses, even High Ranking Heroes were scared of recklessly fighting with the more powerful demons.

Even if it existed, there is no way such a legendary cure would come without its flaws. And sure enough, when Deus looked at the ingredients, he found two major problems with the recipe.

The first was the central ingredient of the Potion - a Lotus of Buddha that had blossomed in Michael's Tears.

Keeping aside the fact that they were highly expensive A-Rank items, there were also religious items.

There is one commandment that almost all the religions on Earth spread, "Miracles don't come by easily!".

Religious items follow the same rule and thus, are very rarely found in Dungeons. It was a miracle in itself that Ray was able to get his hands on both of them using his resources as a son of the Laxon Family.

But the second problem was even more delicate than the first one - the preparation of the ingredients.

The Lotus of Buddha had to be watered for three days with a very precise number of Tears. If you put more Tears than needed, the bud would burn from the overflowing holy power. Put less, and the bud would dry up.

Frankly, the Appraisal was the only reason why Deus was able to take care of the Lotus so perfectly.

"From the progress, the Lotus will blossom fully tomorrow at dawn." Deus checked the status of the half-open bud with his Skill.
"Though I do wonder where the Master got these powers from."

'EX' wasn't a Rank that is a part of the evaluation of mana-related objects. Not to mention the sheer overpowered-ness of the 'Appraisal' Skill.

Although there were items that could evaluate Artifacts and other magic items, there were no Skills that could evaluate an individual's powers, usually only privy to themselves, and even tell their maximum Potential.

Such powers delved into the realm of omniscience, or at least something similar to God.

And there was also that demon that attacked the Academy a couple of days ago. Although Deus wasn't dragged over to the sub-space, he heard everything through his connection with his Master.