Chapter 19: The Butterfly and The Lion

By the time we reached the location of our target monster, the Elves had completely crushed the monster wave.

"They would be searching for us now, we should kill the boss monster quickly." I told Deus.

"Well to kill it, won't we need to find the Boss first?"

The two of us were currently standing on the banks of a huge waterfall. Of course, it was currently frozen, with the -40 degree Celsius temperature inside the Dungeon. Thank god, for the Academy-issued teacher training uniforms. They are made from C-Rank Lesser Dragon leather, so apart from being very sturdy, the clothes even produce their own heat, and thus help to regulate body temperature. Deus was currently in his Fire Falcon form to maintain his body heat.

"I don't get it. The Map says it's in this location." I looked around to check if we missed the Boss' tracks.

"It could be underground, like how the Red Snakes travelled in Vritra's Dungeon."

"You think there is a monster crazy enough to dig soil that's frozen solid?"

Suddenly, goose bumps appeared on my hand. I twisted my body slightly and a spear flew past me, embedding itself in the frozen lake.

"What? How did the Elves catch up with us so fast?" Deus was shocked, seeing the attack almost hit his wing.

"Oh my, it looks like there were a few loose ends on the Elves' side." a voice came from the direction the spear was shot.

I turned around to find a man and woman walking down towards us. The man was tall and bulky, with a rough blond mane flowing down his head, styled like a caveman. The woman beside him was his exact opposite. She was slim with an elegant posture, wearing a stylish pink overskirt dress as if she had come to attend a ball inside the Dungeon.

Astonishingly, behind her dark blue hair, dragged a huge pair of beautiful electric blue wings, seemingly plucked straight out of the back of a newly-emerged spring butterfly.

"So what is a unsophisticated creature such as your unsightly self doing in front of us?" The woman asked me. Her honey-sweet voice made even her dagger-sharp words seem mellow. But I was someone who had spent weeks looking at Misa and had thus become a bit used to great beauties.

'Appraisal'

Name: Max Diados

Species: Lion Beastman

Rank: B+

Stats:

Strength 11.5

Stamina 11.4

Agility 9.9

Perception 9.1

Magic Power 7.4

Intelligence 4

Abilities:

Beast Man Martial Arts(★★★★): A martial art that has been honed and perfected by the beast men tribe for many centuries. It is taught to all beast men children the moment they are able to walk and at its perfection, they gain enough power to decimate mountains with a flick of their finger.

Skills:

Sacrificial Buff(A): By putting restrictions on their body or a body part, the user is able to increase the performance of something else exponentially.

Name: Nyra Magicflower

Species: Butterfly Beastman

Rank: B+