Chapter 21: Jurassic Park

I woke up the next morning with a clear mind and my mana restored. Luckily no monsters had invaded my resting area in the night, and the mundane beasts weren't brave enough to go against my C Rank Aura.

I quickly stored all my things and began my hike. The Map was keeping me informed about the monsters in my vicinity, so I wasn't ambushed like with the Velociraptors yesterday.

My main problem right now was my lack of weaponry. I had mostly trained in the Brahma Art, so all the mana control I had practised needed a weapon as a medium, otherwise, most of my spells won't work. Even with Ray's memories, it won't matter in an ambush, if I wasn't able to perform spells by reflex since my watching Ray's memories was like getting instructions from a mentor. No matter how good they were at it, I won't be able to perform at the same or even a similar level unless I practised it from before.

'I should have done more training in mana control. Or at least brought a spare weapon with me when I came here.' I regretted my life choices as I walked between the towering trees.

Usually, in these types of situations, the protagonist would automatically find a solution to his problem, but I guess such illogical optimism was a mistake on my part.

Suddenly I spotted a pair of figures on the screen floating in front of me. I zoomed in on it and found the two beastmen I had encountered earlier.

But as I stared at them, I found something unexpected with them. The lion beastman was holding on to Deus. And to my shock, he was covered in some weird cocoon, which was probably the reason why our telepathic connection wasn't working.

Thankfully, he was still in his eagle form. If those beastmen found out what Deus was capable of, they would do anything to get their hands on him.

Goosebumps suddenly ran down my arms as I realised how frightening Deus' true capabilities were. In the world of this novel, there were two rules for Spirits. The first one was that the Spirits found on a planet can only be contracted with by the residents of that planet, in this case, the humans. Secondly, only those with the affinity to be a Spiritualist may be able to form Spirit contracts.

But there was a very good reason why I, despite not being a Spiritualist, was able to form a contract with Deus.

A Spirit's title held a lot of importance in defining his potential and abilities. Since Deus was the 'Formless Spirit', it meant he can change and adapt to whatever the conditions surrounding him were. It was because of this loophole that I took Deus away from his would-have-been-owner, and I am sure that with this loophole, the Beastmen were more than capable of taking him away from me.

Though, of course, there was a big condition to be fulfilled for a Spirit already in a contract to change owners. That condition was the death of its current owner.

'Gulp!' Suddenly, my coming to this Dungeon had turned into a much more dire situation than I had thought before. I so wanted to slap my past self who decided it to be a good thing to go hunting for Spirits.

'Well, no use crying over spilt milk. Let's just get Deus out of here now. And I can always find another Spirit Egg for Mike, if I am not able to get my hands on the one here.'

"Hmm." I went back to analysing the Map. There were only a few kilometres of distance between the beastmen and the boss monster. Seeing this, a truly underhanded plan began to form inside my head.

I quickly took my laptop out of my dimensional ring. I quickly pulled up 'Pandora's Box'. Usually, in a Dungeon, all forms of communication with the outside world is blocked, but 'Pandora's Box' is an exception to this rule because it is originally a Dungeon as well.