Chapter 44: Epilogue (End of Volume 1)

"Is anyone there?" Ray called out through the large, transparent door. Like the past six months, he was once again greeted by complete silence.

He turned back, defeated, to the room in which he had found himself magically transported months ago.

The room was grand and was luxuriously decorated. At one corner, there was a huge bed topped with pillows as fluffy as clouds. Overlooking the bed, a large balcony provided breathtaking views of gorgeous snow-capped mountains.

In another corner of the room stood a dining table made of Elven oak. He recognized it since his Father's office door was made with the same material. The plates on the table were enchanted to summon any food he wished for on command and had the handy feature of cleaning themselves as well.

Seeing all these luxuries in one room, one would imagine he was living the life of royalty. But Ray immediately knew what it was.

It was the life of a doll.

A doll, beautifully cared for, purely for the amusement of a child.

Ray's gaze lingered on the balcony and the tempting freedom it offered. He would have attempted to jump from it ages ago, but there was a significant problem stopping him in his tracks.

'Status!'

Name: Happy

Title: The One Whose Body Was Taken

Rank: E

Stats:

Strength 1Stamina 1Agility 1Perception 1Magic Power 1Intelligence 8.8 Charm 5

===Memory Synchronisation: 100% ===

Abilities:

Hand-to-Hand Combat (★★★):

Coordinates the body for easy movements and helps the user to use their body to fight more efficiently. Allows the user to easily learn basic martial arts techniques.

As mastery increases, it will allow the user to subconsciously dodge dangers.

[Beginner Level]

Brahma Sword Art (★★★★☆):

A sword art that was created to create. With each swing, the user can materialize their mana. Upon mastery, the user will be able to materialize mana into their surroundings and change the terrain temporarily.

[Beginner Level]

Skills:

Gold Manipulation(B): Allows the user to manipulate gold in the vicinity.

As a C Ranker, he probably would have gotten away with a few broken bones. But with his current Stats, he was no better than an ordinary person. He would be flattened like a pancake.

'And what the hell is wrong with my status screen? The name's changed, and what's with this weird Title? Is it because of what happened to me when I was kidnapped?'

Ray turned towards the mirror, still unfamiliar with the reflection that greeted him.

Instead of his usual dark blue hair and eyes, they had darkened to a deep black. The few muscles he had barely maintained were now gone and his figure had turned somewhat scrawny.

The thing most strange to him in that mirror was the face that was staring back at him.

It was the most familiar and unfamiliar face he had ever seen.