10| The LaCroix Family

The maid led us into the billiard room where the LaCroix family were. She cleared her throat, introducing us.

"May I introduce Sam, Dean and Ellie Winchester."

"Sam, Dean and Ellie Winchester of the Westchester Winchesters?" one of the women asked.

"Uh no. I don't think there's any relation. Sorry," Sam stammered as Dean also denied it.

"No matter. You two are adorable," she eyed both Sam and Dean, ignoring me and the kids.

"Oh," Dean shifted beside me.

"I'm Heddy, Bunny's cousin, and this is my sister, Beverly," she introduced herself and the woman sitting next to her.

"Charmed, I'm sure," Beverly smiled at us.

Heddy gestured back to a man playing pool.

"And that's Bunny's youngest brother Stanton. Stan for short."

"Come on in, fellas. Join the mourning," Stan called over.

"And his child bride... Amber," Heddy indicated another woman by Stan. 

"Who are these two little ones?" Amber asked, looking at Maddie and Zep.

"Madelaine and Zeppelin," I replied. "Dean and my kids."

"And then there's Dash. That's the baby of the family. He's Bunny's great nephew- Harvard business."

"How did you guys know Aunt Bunny?" Dash asked.

"We uh..." I trailed off.

"We- we- we didn't personally know her. Our- our surrogate dad, Bobby Singer did," Sam explained.

Dean had moved his arm protectively to my waist, eyeing Heddy warily as she and Beverly both eyed him and Sam suggestively.

"Bobby?" Beverly said. "Never heard of him. But you can fill us in over the weekend."

"The weekend?" Dean echoed.

"Didn't the attorney tell you? Service was today and the reading of the will tomorrow."

"Oh, but you're welcome to spend the night. All the rooms sleep two."

"Or three," Heddy smirked, slapping Sam's butt.

"Okay," he chuckled a little.

"Where's Collette?" Amber asked.

"She quit," the man who must have been the butler answered. "Poor dear was so distraught over Mrs. LaCroix's passing. Went off to find herself."

"Ashram in India?" Heddy queried.

"Uh, clown college in Sarasota," the butler corrected.

"Good choice."

"May I have a word with you three in the hall in five minutes?" the butler addressed us.

"Sure," I nodded.

"Yeah," Dean agreed.

"So Sam, tell me..." Beverly eyed him like her sister, "do you work out?"

"Charmed I'm sure," Dean mocked once we excused ourselves from the billiard room. "What even are these people?"

"I think they're called W.A.S.P.S," Sam shrugged.

"What?"

Sam was saved from explaining as the butler approached us and cleared his throat.

"My apologies for being so oblique back there, but I'm doing you three a favor."