104| Mother/Daughter Road Trip Part Two

When I texted Cass, he told me he and Kelly were staying at a lake house in North Cove, Washington. Crowley had shown up, and after convincing Dean not to kill him so he could work the Cage spell since Rowena was dead, he hung around.

"Alright, so lake house," Dean said.

"You have to let me go ahead of you guys," I said.

"What?"

"I made a promise, Dean. If they find out you guys know where they are, too, they're not going to trust me. Just let me get a head start, then when you guys show up you can claim you tracked my phone or something. Please."

"You're still injured. You can't drive."

There was a knock on the door and then it opened, Maddie and Zep coming in ahead of Donna.

"Hi-ya!" Donna grinned down at us.

"Hey, Donna," I grinned back at her. "Thank you."

"You betcha. Everything okay around here?"

"Yeah, we're handling stuff," Dean nodded.

"Anything else I can help with before I go?"

"Nope, got it covered. Seriously, thanks again."

"You're very welcome. Don't hesitate to call if you need me to take them again. They're dears."

"Will do. See ya around."

"See ya."

Waving, she headed back out of the Bunker.

"Mom, guess what I figured out how to do?" Maddie grinned excitedly.

"What, darling?"

Instead of answering, she held her hand out, hovering over my injured knee. It glowed and I felt the pain disappear. My eyes widened as the glow faded and Maddie took her hand away. After removing the bandage, I stood up, bending the knee back and forth like I did when I was in my mom's head.

"What the hell?" my mom asked.

"How'd you figure that out?" I asked my daughter, ignoring my mom for now.

"Zep fell and scraped his arm."

"Alright, so now in addition to seeing angels' wings, Maddie can heal people and Zep can- what?- control ghosts in the Veil?"

"I don't control them," Zep protested. "They just talk to me sometimes."

"Eleanor," my mom said. "What the hell?"

"Mom, I promise, I will explain, okay? But I gotta get going right now. I'll see you guys at the lake house later."

"Lake house?" Maddie asked.

"Yeah, we're going to go visit Cass. You two can't come."

"Why not?"

"Because it's too dangerous, that's why."

"We just got back and you're sending us away again?"

"Maddie-"

"Whatever."

She turned on her heel, storming down the hall. Zep stared at me for a moment before following his sister. I sighed, running a hand down my face tiredly.

"I'll go talk to them," Dean assured me quietly.

I just nodded, not caring much at that point.

"Daughters, huh?"

I turned to stare at my mother, who had a humorous glint in her eye as she smirked at me.

"Look, Mom-"