94| Attempting to Save Kelly

"Timothy is a ghost?" I assumed.

"No, he's in Heaven. I had a dream about him," Zep replied.

"And... and in the dream... he told you Mick killed him?"

"No, he showed me. Mick's boss made him kill Timothy."

"Do you know why?"

"She told Mick they needed people to execute orders without asking questions."

I swallowed hard, processing the information. Both Maddie and Zep were looking at me, show forgotten.

"Can we sleep in here tonight?" Maddie asked me.

I glanced at the door. Dean most likely wouldn't be coming to bed since he was drinking with Sam and Mick. Turning back, I nodded my head.

"Alright," I agreed. "Go get changed and you can come back in here."

They both hurried off to do as I said. I took a deep breath, listening in the hall to the sound of the three men talking and laughing together. I was grateful I was still a lot more closed off to the Brits than Sam and Dean were becoming. If what Zep told me was true, the British Men of Letters were not people we wanted to associate with in the long run. I just had to find a way to convince Sam and Dean of that fact.

It would probably be easier for me to sway Dean back over to my side compared to Sam. I smiled as Maddie and Zep reappeared dressed for bed with their respective bedtime buddies with them. I loved that Maddie still slept with her Ellie Bear and Angel Doll despite how old she was getting. Same with Zep and his baby blanket.

"Alright, come on. I'll even let you guys watch a little bit more before bed," I told them.

They grinned, all three of us settling into the bed with me sandwiched in between my two kids. I may have gotten too old to have cute mother-daughter moments with my mom, but I was glad my children were still young enough that I could have those types of moments with them. After the kids went to bed, I tried calling Kelly again.

"Hello?"

"Oh, thank God, you picked up."

"Eleanor?"

"Kelly, listen to me. Where are you?"

"I don't... I can't tell you that," she replied. "Ellie, I'm sorry."

"Kelly, please. The woman you're with, Dagon, she's a demon. And a really bad, powerful one at that. Now, I told you I could help you have that baby if it's what you really want. But you need to help me out, and tell me where the hell you are."

"I can't get away. She-"

"Kelly, if there's any way, you gotta go for it. I swear to you, I will help you with the baby, but in order to do that, I need to know where you are."

"You invited them," I glared over at Mick and his buddy.

I'd gotten Kelly and brought her to a junkyard where Sam, Dean, Eileen, Mick and the new guy were waiting.

"They're here to help," Sam insisted.

I just glared for a minute, not leaving Kelly's side.

"My name is-" Mick's buddy started.

"Yeah, I don't care," I cut him off.

"Kelly... Listen, we... we all know you're in a really... difficult situation, and we... we just... we wanna help," Dean addressed her.

"You call this helping? Ellie said-"

All eyes went to me and I closed my eyes with a groan.

"Ellie?" Dean asked.

"Look, Dean, I promised I'd help her have the baby."

"That absolutely cannot happen," Mick protested immediately. "That baby is an abomination. It will kill us all."

"Hey," Sam said, glaring over at him.

"This is absurd," Mick's buddy rolled his eyes, drawing a gun.

I immediately stepped in front of Kelly to shield her.

"Don't," I growled.

The wind picked up then, as if a storm was approaching.

"She's here," Kelly breathed.

We all turned as Dagon appeared in the junkyard.

"Hey," she smirked.

She thrust her hands in the air, sending everyone except Kelly flying through the air and we all landed heavily. We slowly got to our feet, trying to shoot at the demon to slow her down. Dagon threw us down again as Eileen got to the Colt that Sam had dropped. The demon had reached Kelly, grabbing her hand and starting to walk away. Eileen fired the Colt at Dagon just as she and Kelly disappeared. The bullet continued its trajectory and lodged in Mick's buddy's chest. We all stared in horror as he fell to the ground, dead.

"I didn't... I didn't mean to," Eileen immediately started to defend herself. "I was shooting at the demon. I'm-"

"No, no, wait up," Sam shook his head. "It was an accident. It's alright."

Mick pulled out his gun, approaching Eileen.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. What are you doing?" Dean tried to stop him.

"Hey!" Sam added, shielding Eileen.

"She killed a Man of Letters. S-she has to die!"

"It was an accident!" I growled.

"It doesn't matter! The Code."

"No, hey, screw the Code," Dean told him.

"Don't make this harder than it already is," Mick glared at us.

"Mick, you don't have to do this," I tried reasoning with him.

"Yes, I do!"

"Please, don't," Eileen begged.

I saw hesitation flicker in Mick's eyes and realized he must have been thinking of Timothy.

"Mick, Mick, listen to me," I said. "Mick, look, I-I know you guys have this Men of Letters Code you blindly answer to; execute orders with no questions asked. But... look, you don't have to do that, Mick. You're better than that. You only have to answer to yourself. You only have to do what you know is right. She doesn't have to die like Timothy."

"H-how do you..." Mick shook his head, lowering his gun. "Just go."

"Yeah," I nodded, turning as Sam and Dean headed over to the Impala with Eileen.

We all climbed in, driving off and leaving Mick behind.

"You helped her escape?!"

"Dean, look-"

"No, no you don't get to try and defend yourself. It's your fault Kelly got taken by Dagon in the first place! If you had just stuck to the plan-"

"She wants to have that baby, Dean! And I understand what she's going through!"

"Oh, really?"

"You said it yourself, remember?" I glared at my husband. "If things had worked out differently, I could have been the one giving birth to Lucifer's baby. So, yes, I do know what she's going through."

"You lied to us. For months!"

"Because I knew you'd blow up like you're doing now! But you know what? I wish I had told you sooner. Because it's been way too long since you've gotten angry like this!"

"You're unbelievable, you know that?!" he glared right back at me.

"Yeah, right back at ya!"

Neither of us said anything for a moment, just glaring at each other and waiting for one of us to break again. It was true, lately Dean had become the voice of reason like Sam usually was while I took his role of getting angry and blowing up over stuff. I didn't know when our roles had changed, but it was really nice seeing Dean finally get mad at me again.

"So... I hate to break this up," Sam interrupted, walking into the room, "but you guys are kind of scaring Maddie and Zep, and I have some news."