31| Murdering the Stynes

Dean had gone to wherever Sam, Cass and the kids were with the Book to tell them what happened and shut down the operation. While he was doing that, he'd let me take the Impala to go track down Eldon and his family.

"Rudy, I just sent you some security footage of a black sedan," I spoke into my phone. "I need you to run the plates."

"Yeah can do, just give me a sec here," Rudy replied, pausing. "Weird. Uh, this vehicle is registered to Eldon Styne out of Shreveport, Louisiana, but there's no street address. This guy got something to hide?"

"Yeah, big time," I said, opening the driver side door of the car. "I'll fill you in later, thanks."

"Yeah sure, but um, isn't that what Sam's for?"

"He's busy," I replied, hanging up.

As I turned a corner in Shreveport, a cop's lights flashed behind me. After pulling over, I reached over, grabbing the first fake I.D. from the glovebox I could. 

"What's the problem, officer?" I asked when he walked up to my window.

"License and reg."

"Yep," I handed him the items.

"Ashley J. Williams?" he asked.

"Uh huh," I nodded.

"Out of the car, Ashley."

Rolling my eyes, I climbed out, facing the officer.

"Well, I wasn't speeding, I'm sober, mostly sober, so what's this about?"

"Blinker's out," the officer said, as a second officer smashed one of my tail lights.

"Hey!" I cried.

"That's a violation," officer two said.

"Don't," I glared at him.

He smashed the other tail light.

"Two light's out," officer one said.

I tried to charge at officer two, but officer one grabbed me, slamming me against the Impala and putting me in handcuffs.

"And attempted assault of a police officer. Looks like we're taking you down to the station, girl."

"Oh, I ain't your girl, Cletus," I hissed at him.

"Right now you are, so you best settle. Or you're gonna get an ass-whuppin', instead of a phone call."

I was sitting handcuffed to a chair in front of officer two's desk, who was going through my collection of fake I.D.'s. I was glaring at him unblinkingly as he did so.

"Janis Joplin, Tina Turner, Patti Smith," the officer scoffed. "Damn. I mean, they said you were a pro, but..."

"Who said that?"

"I'll ask the questions here."

"Hm," I nodded slowly.

"Like, for example, you got seventeen fake I.D.'s, and a trunk full of guns, knives, freakin' ninja stars... I mean, who are you?

"I'm the girl that's gonna get out of here in about..." I bobbed my head back and forth, "thirty seconds."

"Right," the officer laughed.

Leaning forward and maintaining eye contact, I reached out and knocked a mug full of pens off the desk and onto the floor.

"Real mature," he said as I leaned back in my seat.