Chapter 2: Terror

I locked my bike and made my way toward the wooden building that was small for a school, but perfect for a small city.

All forty students were present and accounted for, waiting for the front door to open. When I made my way there, all the students started to stare at me and whisper amongst themselves. Of course, all of them had pokemon along with them, much to my dismay. This was a pokemon school, so literally, all we learned was pokemon stuff. It was useless, but for some reason, there was no other type of education in this damn world.

As I waited, I felt the crowd part as one person started to make their way toward me. Ah shit, here we go again. I turned to him with a monotone expression.

He was my least favorite person.

"Hey there, loser." He said. His name is Gabriel, and he was my main "bully" if you could call him that. He was also the most annoying person I'd ever met. He had longish red hair and green eyes, handsome too, the bastard. He was rude, arrogant, and full of himself—and all the girls loved him. Of course, me being the pokemon-less loser, he always liked to pick on me. Everyone followed him, since he was some kind of prodigy trainer.

I ignored him, which made him glare. "I'm talking to you! I'm so compassionate that I talk to you every day, even though you're some loser with no pokemon."

"Some compassion you have," I mumbled.

He scowled and grabbed my shirt collar, making me look at him. "Speak louder. Look at me when I'm talking to you, I'm more superior than you."

"It's like eight in the morning, can you keep your head out of your ass for ten minutes?" I asked with a scoff. I was great at pissing people off, it was inherent in my personality.

Gabriel suddenly grinned, and I knew right then and there that lunch wasn't going to be fun. "Just you wait until lunch break, me and Venusaur are going to have so much fun with you."

I stifled a laugh, "'Wait until lunch break?' You sound like the most cliché bully I've ever heard of. Who talks like that? Did you order a school bully starter pack from Armazon? (Pretty much just Armaldo and zon from Amazon combined.)" He sounded like one of those crappy bullies in cheesy movies.

He snarled and pushed me to the wall, hard. He was pretty strong, too. "Be thankful that I'm even looking in your direction."

Righting myself, I stared down Gabriel. "What have I ever done to you?" Seriously, one day, he just started randomly making fun of me.

"Oh, you've done nothing. It's just that, in this world filled with pokemon, pretty much everyone has a partner. But you?" he pointed a finger at me, "you have no pokemon. It's so pathetic I can't help but want to make you miserable—more than you already are. Like, come on, there are literal preschoolers with pokemon."

That's right, I didn't have a pokemon, and that made me a loser. That's why Gabriel is such a dick —because he was showered in praised, hailed as a genius, in this society where people and pokemon live in harmony.

I was the only one who didn't like this way of living.

Gabriel said that I did nothing to him, but I had a slight suspicion that he was lying, for some reason. But I didn't care enough to ask.

Gabriel didn't stop there—no, he had to douse the fire even more. "To think that you, the son of a Champion, is such a loser he doesn't even want a pokemon. I thought you were supposed to be more like your mom."

So that was it. He wanted to be better than me, a Champion's child. But what did I care?

I was mad. It was the last day of school, so why bother? Talking about my mother was the last straw.