Chapter 39: Darken

Mega Lopunny and Mega Gallade met in the middle, moving like blurs as they clashed over and over again, a rhythm of destruction playing after every attack.

Mega Gallade moved like a dancer, his blades slashing fluidly, as if his limbs were nothing more than water. Meanwhile, Lopunny moved with the grace of an acrobat, her punches and kicks sailing through the air elegantly.

They engaged in a fiery dance, engaging and disengaging at random intervals, their bodies never more than three feet apart as they exchanged blows.

The two Pokemon finished their Close Combat clash with one last attack, Mega Lopunny's fist and Mega Gallade's blade intercepting each other, forming a booming shockwave that reverberated through the air.

"Lopunny, Bullet Punch!"

"Gallade, Psycho Cut!"

They pushed themselves away from each other, before leaping toward one another just as quickly. Mega Lopunny launched a metallic punch, while Mega Gallade countered with a glowing purple blade. Their attacks met with radiant sparks that danced around them.

"Gallade, Psychic!"

"Use Mach Punch! Quickly!"

Before Mega Gallade could form his Psychic, Mega Lopunny struck him in the stomach with Mach Punch, knocking him away.

"Ice Punch, now!"

Mega Lopunny used her strong legs to hop at Mega Gallade, hitting him square in the face with a frost-coated punch. Surprisingly, Mega Gallade held his ground.

"Now we've got them!" Zoey smirked. "Sacred Sword!"

Mega Gallade planted one foot behind his other, shifting his center of gravity. He used that extra force to bring his blade up, ethereal light swirling around it. He rested his blade on his chest, before slashing at Mega Lopunny, who was wide-eyed.

The blade rent Mega Lopunny on the torso, the energy cut exploding afterwards. Mega Lopunny was blasted backward. Instead of letting herself tumble, she firmly planted her feet on the ground and slowly slid to a stop, panting.

"That attack did a lot of damage to her," I muttered. "Sacred Sword is a powerful attack, sure, but that was more destructive than usual. Gallade must have Sharpness."

"If you're not gonna make a move, we will," Zoey said, extending her hands dramatically. "Aerial Ace!"

Mega Gallade suddenly appeared above Mega Lopunny, his blades turning white as he slashed downward.

"Lopunny, hop to the side!"

Mega Lopunny jumped to the side just as Mega Gallade struck the ground, dust billowing around them from the sheer force of the attack.

"Play Rough!"

Mega Lopunny retaliated by punching and kicking Mega Gallade over and over, her pink eyes glowing furiously. After a few dozen hits, she flipped upward and spun around, kicking Mega Gallade while using the centrifugal force to empower her attack.

"Llade..." Mega Gallade grunted as he was blasted backward, using his blades to steady himself.

Then Mega Lopunny blurred in front of him.

"Bullet Punch!"

She began to repeatedly punch Mega Gallade with Bullet Punch like she was from Jojo.

Mega Gallade desperately tried to defend himself, but the endeavor proved to be futile, as Mega Lopunny only continued hit him.

"Psycho Cut! Stop her from attacking!"