Chapter 45: Miracles of Evolution

I teleported back to the lab via Kirlia, telling her words of thanks, before returning her.

I was surprised at the nostalgia I felt at the lab, despite the fact that I hadn't been working there for very long. I found that I was rather fond of it.

Walking down the hallway, Trinity suddenly appeared from the door connecting to the domes. Hattrem came from behind her, pouncing towards me and catching me in a hug.

I chuckled and pat her on the head. "Hey, girl. I'm glad to see you."

Eevee smiled as Hattrem excitedly jumped on my head, taking her usual spot.

"Welcome back," Trinity smirked. "How was the Gym Battle."

"Easy as hell," I shrugged. "I didn't think we've gotten so strong."

"Then I guess it should be easy for me too."

"Trevenant would probably solo Erika."

Male Kirlia, who was next to Trinity, had his glare settled on me.

"Him and Hattrem must have sensed me," I said wryly.

"He originally didn't want me to go." Trinity sighed.

"Kirlia," he crossed his arms, his glare intensifying.

My Kirlia suddenly popped out of her Pokeball, walked to her brother, and smacked him right on the head.

"Lia!" he shouted indignantly.
Female Kirlia responded by whacking him again, scolding him, "Kirlia!"

They glared at each other for another moment, before male Kirlia finally backed off.

Female Kirlia's eyes softened and she hugged her brother, before coming back to my side.

"Well, I'm glad that's taken care of," Trinity said, a droplet of nervous sweat trickling down her face."

"Remind me to reward Kirlia more," I muttered, trying with all the willpower I could muster to not laugh at male Kirlia.

Suddenly, I felt a glare piercing me from behind me. Sighing, I turned around and—surprise, surprise—saw Chloe glaring at me, Yamper growling in my direction.

Togepi came out of his Poke Ball and ran toward Yamper, striking him with Double Edge, once again flinging him out of the window.

I couldn't help it and laughed so hard I nearly fell over.

"Togepi!" Chloe yelled angrily, rushing outside to check on Yamper.

"Toge!" Togepi looked at me, as if looking for recognition for his actions. He looked so adorable with his sparkling eyes.

"You hatched, like, today and I'm already proud of you," I grinned.

Trinity shook her head. "You really shouldn't do that. Imagine if that were your Pokemon."

"If that were my Pokemon they would not be getting thrown out of windows."

Trinit couldn't help but crack a smile. "Okay, true.

"Right, I guess we should go to Professor Cerise."

"I wonder what task he'll give us."

I returned my Pokemon except for Eevee and Togepi, while Trinity did the same but kept Pikachu out. We walked through the house until we stood at the door at the main part of the lab. Cerise opened the door for us.

"Very well, you're here," he motioned us to enter. We did.

"What's our job, boss?" I sat down, intrigued. Trinity took the seat next to her, anticipation filling her eyes.