Chapter 31: The Dawn of a New Beginning

Beginning of "First Task Arc" (Mini Arc)

A primordial void swallowed me in its wake, bringing forth a sense of weightlessness as I was overtaken by nothingness. Despite the constant shadows, I could still see my cold breath as my breathing ran ragged.

"Is this the same place?" I thought, recalling my last dream. Is it here? What was it calling me for? I needed answers.

"What are you? Show yourself!" I shouted mentally, despite knowing how futile it was. Like last time, I couldn't speak, only think.

Then a large, ominous, purplish shadow fell over me, and those chilling red eyes gazed at me once more. To my surprise, its eyes shone with a slightly kinder look.

"Hello once more, my Chosen One," the being said. "I leave this message for when you start to realize who you are. If you wish to follow this unorthodox path, I have warnings for you."

The shadows suddenly parted, giving me a clear view of the being. My eyes widened when I stood face-to-face with the entity that had such a powerful presence that I knew it was more powerful than anything I'd ever seen before.

 My eyes widened when I stood face-to-face with the entity that had such a powerful presence that I knew it was more powerful than anything I'd ever seen before

It was in a different form, but it was definitely the same Pokemon that saved me before.

"Fate is against you, as well as everything else under the control of the Original One. I am its opposite, but like you, I am an outcast. My brethren scorn me, and my creator banished me to a realm filled with eternal darkness," it said with such sorrow that I couldn't help but feel bad for it.

"I chose you like I chose your ancestor, but..." it said softly, looking down with a look full of shame, "...he was my greatest mistake. He was my first Chosen One. I regret ever falling for his lies. But alas, that mistake remains a stain in history."

"What I'm trying to say is that... my Chosen Ones end up being led astray by my influence. And for millennia I have been searching for one who can withstand my influence and not go awry. My Chosen Ones are your ancestors. They had good intentions, but my presence corrupted them."

"But I believe that you can handle being my Chosen One. We who live in the shadows will always be outcast, but through the shadows, we can seek the light. The universe needs you, we are the only thing standing between it and destruction."

The being looked at me with such pride that it warmed my heart. I realized that it wasn't as terrifying as I thought, it instead looked... regal and even little bit guilty. It was as if it wanted to turn a new leaf and fix every bad thing that it had ever caused.

It wanted to redeem itself.

"In all my existence, I have hated humans. But the Original One's Chosen One showed me kindness. And for as long as my Chosen Ones remain outcasts, I won't stop until one of them is acknowledged as a hero, and not a villain."