Chapter 23: Bitter Hatred

After the battle at Mount Moon

A figure chuckled as they watched the battle from afar, only revealing themselves as it drew to a close. They watched as the blonde-haired boy and the red-haired girl walked out of the tunnel.

The door they inadvertently opened slowly slid to a close, rumbling as the walls became whole once more, vibrating the earth around them. The figure walked to the wall and touched the same spot the girl had opened the door from. To no one's surprise, the door didn't open again. It required the touch of someone with the contrary blessing.

The sun's rays reached into the cave faintly, softly illuminating the figure, revealing their features. It turned out to be a young woman. Her hair was long and was the same light blonde as Vali, her misty gray eyes were nearly identical to his, and to top it all off, she had the same bang that covered her left eye. The woman's face was mature-looking and intensely beautiful for someone as young as her. She had the same timeless face that all the world's inhabitants seem to have.

She wore a sleeveless black dress that hugged her curves, emphasizing her noticeable bust. Around her neck was a teardrop-shaped necklace that had a familiar white stone in the center of it. All in all, she exuded an air of confidence and dignity, her amused smile almost lighting up the dark tunnel.

"You sure have grown, Vali," she said with a chuckle. "I guess your love for pokemon has returned after all."

The woman rubbed the head of the pokemon next to her. It had a blue, swan-like body with a yellow underside. It had pink eyes, a dark pink, round tuft on its head, and a pointed, beak-like snout. There were yellow, crescent-shaped ornaments on the sides that merge in the back. Its rear had a pointed, tail-like protrusion. It had glowing, pink, ring-like wings on its sides and back. The wings on its side were a dark pink, while the wing on the back was slightly larger and consisted of three authentic shades of pink. The three wings released shining particles that undulated gorgeously around the crescent moon. And lastly, it had paw-like protrusions resting on its chest.

"Ready to go, Cresselia?" she asked. Cresselia, the Lunar Pokemon, was a Legendary Pokemon, one so rare and so powerful that anyone who knew about them sought to have them. Cresselia is a female-only race.

The pokemon nodded calmly. "Cress," she replied.

The woman smiled. "We'll have to keep watching from afar, I know you want to see him—trust me, I do too—but we should wait. I have a feeling that things will get interesting around him."

"Selia," Cresselia agreed, her singsong voice adopting a happier tone.

The woman giggled. "Then let's be off."

Cresselia shone with pink light, before covering the woman with it as well. It was almost as if the moonlight wrested for control over time against its lively reflection, piercing through the walls as the moon lit up the tunnel.

The light faded as quickly as it came, revealing that the woman and Cresselia were gone.

Vali's POV

I heard a strange sound coming from the tunnel we had just left. A rumbling sound filled the air, shaking the ground beneath us.

"What the hell was that?" I asked.

"I don't know," Trinity frowned.