Chapter 25: Revenge Seeker

Amina's POV

The night's cold bite engulfed me as I tore through the forest, intent on escaping my pursuer, Absol running alongside me. I dodged trees and branches, my heart pounding as I was ever aware of the sound of running from behind me.

"Manectric, Discharge!" the teal-haired girl yelled behind me. I felt the charge of ozone and reacted.

"Absol, Shadow Claw!"

"Ab!" Absol jumped and raised a massive claw made of shadows, batting away the Discharge effortlessly.

"Wild Charge!"

"Detect and Night Slash!"

Manectric covered itself in an aura of crackling volts of energy, charging at Absol while glowering furiously.

Absol, on the other hand, was about to dodge it, but electricity covered him, making him freeze in place. He had gotten paralyzed by Manectric's Ability, Static, after he made physical contact with it. I could return him, but then Manectric would be able to paralyze me. The only reason that girl had caught up to us was because Absol was half as fast as usual due to paralysis.

Manectric rammed into Absol, crackling with electricity. The latter got knocked backward, gritting his teeth as he registered the pain inflicted on him.

I had underestimated Manectric; it managed to take down my Dragonite and paralyzed her. I was seriously in a tight spot.

"Shit," I cursed.

The teal-haired girl smirked and stopped in front of us, Manectric next to her while tensing its legs in anticipation.

We had no choice, we had to fight. I held my ground and glared at the girl, Absol by my side once more.

"Nowhere to run, eh?" she mused coolly. "Let's settle this in a good ol' Pokemon Battle."

"Fine," I spat. "Absol, Night Slash."

Absol stared at me for a second, and then nodded, running at Manectric with his scythe-horn being engulfed with darkness.

"Manectric, Discharge!"

Manectric barked and released a shockwave of pure electricity.

Absol suddenly canceled his move and used Detect, jumping over the Discharge and raising his scythe-horn.

The girl's eyes widened. "That was your plan, then," she said, mildly impressed.

"Night Slash!"

Absol was already upon Manectric before it could react, with the former charging up a super-powerful Night Slash.

"Don't let it! Crunch!"

Manectric revealed its fangs, which became covered in dark energy, but it was too slow. Absol slashed wildly at its legs, injuring them while making it fall down. Manectric cried in pain as it went down.

"Damn it, Manectric," the girl said worriedly, running to her partner, checking its injuries.

I took that as the cue to run, holding Absol's Poke Ball out. "Return!" I returned him to the Poke Ball.