Chapter 11: Catching Ralts Part 1

A wave of stars flew to Ralts, who disappeared.

"Of course, she can do that," I sighed, but grinned despite myself. If I manage to catch this Ralts... I already knew all the things I could do with Teleport.

"Eevee, stay on alert!" I shouted.

"Vee!" she agreed, her tail and ears perking up as she tensed her legs, ready to attack whenever.

I scanned the battlefield with my eyes, being aware of Gardevoir, Kirlia, Trinity, and the other Ralts watching our battle. I then focused on the occurring battle, taking a deep breath.

Suddenly, a voice rang in the air. "Ralts!" it said, and suddenly, a blast of pink energy smacked into Eevee, flinging her away. I realized that Ralts used Disarming Voice.

Eevee quickly recovered, her head snapping in the direction of the voice, but there was no one there. Ralts used Teleport again.

She was able to spam it? Okay, what the hell!

But I guess this was just something I needed to work around.

"Eevee, use it when you feel something," I ordered.

"Eevee!" she said, knowing what I was talking about.

We waited. One second passed, then two seconds, then...

A purple ball of power was absorbed into Eevee. I smirked. She timed it right.

I'd noticed how perceptive Eevee was. Much like me, she learns very quickly. During the first Teleport, Ralts disappeared for two seconds and then reappeared in the third second. Using that knowledge, Eevee knew when to release her move after sensing Ralts.

"Teleport and Tackle!"

Eevee disappeared one second after Ralts did. When Ralts reappeared, Eevee reappeared as well, tackling Ralts, the air booming around them.

"Ralts!" Ralts cried out in pain as it tumbled to the ground.

"Yes! Now use Swift!" if I wanted to win this, I needed to do enough damage as fast as I could.

"Vee!" Eevee flicked her tail and stars battered Ralts, staggering her slightly.

"Teleport and then Tackle!"

Eevee appeared in front of Ralts and attempted to Tackle her, but unfortunately, Ralts recovered and teleported away.

Meanwhile, Eevee was still stuck using Tackle. Ralts appeared before the move ended, and then blasted Eevee back with a wave of psychic energy. She used Confusion.

"Vee!" Eevee cried out as she was smacked into a tree.

"Ralts," Ralts said in a challenging tone as she stared at Eevee. The message was clear: If you want to capture me, then show me your strength.

Fine then, we'll show them. Eevee and I exchanged a look, a deep understanding forming between us. Her determination was easy to elucidate, and my trust in her was easy to glean.