Chapter 26: Gym Battle of the Crashing Wave

My alarm rang at around eight in the morning.

"Standing here, I realize, that you're just like me trying to make history..."

My eyes immediately shoot open and I hastily pick up my Rotom Phone to shut it off. I laid there for a moment, registering what just happened...

"Rotom!" I growled.

"You called?" it said with a smirk.

"Why the hell did you have to make a Senator Armstrong reference?!" I exclaimed.

He did what was probably the Rotom equivalent of a shrug. "Because I'm pretty sure the audience would enjoy a good reference."

"The audience—" I looked around suspiciously. "Don't tell me you broke the fourth wall... Nevermind, just shut up," I shut Rotom off before we broke reality.

Eevee, Trinity, and Pikachu chose that moment to wake up.

"What was that?" Trinity groaned. "And who put on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance?"

"Nevermind about that," I shook my head, surprised that Trinity knew about it. "We gotta get ready for our Gym Battle."

Trinity seem to wake up from those words. "Oh crap, you're right! Morning, Pikachu. Let's go!"

Eevee licked my face and smiled at me from on top of me, "Vee!" she said adorably.

I rubbed her head fondly, "Ready?"

"Eevee!"

I smiled, "Then let's go."

Trinity and I got ready quickly, and after a quick breakfast, we immediately ran out of the Pokemon Center to the Cerulean City Gym.

When we entered, we were amazed at how much the Gym incorporated the cerulean theme that the city had. The outside of the Gym was large, blue, and domed, with a massive Dewgong on it. On the inside, the walls were white and blue, while the interior was rocky and had a massive pool that I was sure was used as the battlefield.

What really caught my eye were the myriad of people that sat at the benches, as if anticipating a great battle. Were they all here to watch us?

"Why are there so many people?" Trinity asked.

"Probably due to Cerulean being pretty big. I'm sure that every native gets excited when a Gym Battle occurs," I explained.

"Yeah, that's probably why," Trinity agreed as she nervously watched the crowd. I noticed what was happening and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay, you'll do great, alright?" I assured. "Remember Trin, confidence."

She looked at me with a grateful look, "You're right, I need to get used to people gawking."

"Because in the league everyone in Kanto will be watching."

Trinity nodded and looked back to the great crowd nervously.

Eevee looked amazed at the number of people that were waiting for the battles to start. "Vee!" she said excitedly.

"Yeah, we'll show them how strong we are," I said with a slight smile.

"Eevee!" Eevee smiled while her bushy tail swished.

"There you guys are!" we heard a voice say. We looked and saw Misty walking over to us, wearing a navy-blue one-piece swimsuit. Jeez, I never noticed Misty's body, but she was rather well-developed... Okay, pretend I never said that.

Trinity's expression brightened. "Hi, Misty."

"You both ready to challenge me?" she asked with a smirk.