Chapter 48: Discovery

"I'll take Kabutops and Aerodactyl," I said. The Kabutops was staring directly at me, as if suspecting something. Its gaze was intent and gleaning.

"How do you know it's a Kabutops?" Trinity frowned.

I shrugged. "Looks like it."

"You don't look worried at all," Brock noted.

"It's a dangerous situation, but nothing new," I said.

He nodded. "Okay. I got Aggron."

"Then I'll fight Omastar," Trinity agreed.

Now that everyone had their targets, we spread out, staring at the Pokemon that faced us.

A voice—Giratina's voice—boomed in my head. "One is near. I can feel it."

I didn't have time to ponder what it meant, because Kabutops took a fighting stance, putting one scythe behind it and the other one in front of it. Aerodactyl's wings tensed, as if it were anxious to take flight.

"Vee," Eevee nuzzled my face, trying to get my attention.

"They're both weak to Electric-types," I said, rubbing her head. "But they probably know about your Buzzy Buzz. Who's to say they weren't watching us? They were probably the ones who sent that army to attack us. I'd rather save you and use you if you're needed."

Eevee nodded, understanding. Her attention went back to the two Pokemon, watching intently.

"Right, let's do this," I cleared my head, pulling out my Rotom Phone. I opened the PC and switched out Golurk with Elekid. Yes, Golurk was a powerhouse, but it might destroy this cathedral and bury us all alive. Also, it would most likely disrupt the two other battles occurring.

Sure, I could use Gengar and, say, Kirlia, as they are some of my strongest. But Elekid needs this. I need to use all my Pokemon if they were to get stronger. Besides, I can tell this won't be an easy battle either way.

"Come on out," I said, throwing two Poke Balls.

Elekid and Hattrem came out in a flash of blue-white light. Kabutops and Aerodactyl suddenly gave us skeptical looks, which made sense, as they knew I had stronger Pokemon.

Trinity released Machoke, while Brock sent out his own Aerodactyl.

The battle had begun.

"Hattrem, Dazzling Gleam!"

Hattrem experimentally released a wave of sparkling pink and purple energy at the Kabutops and Aerodactyl.

"Kabu," Kabutops said dismissively, sinking one scythe into the ground. A streak of jagged, glowing rocks erupted from the ground and wrapped around them, protecting them. The Dazzling Gleam bashed into it, shattering it into splinters. Kabutops' eyes glinted and the fragments of rock froze in midair, before launching themselves at Hattrem and Elekid.

"Hattrem, Protect!"

"Hattre," Hattrem grunted, secreting a translucent barrier around her and Elekid. The rock fragments hit the barrier with ringing thuds, being completely blocked.

Aerodactyl flew upward and roared. Rocks that shone with purple lights formed around it, shooting at my Pokemon. The Ancient Power battered the barrier repeatedly until it broke, continuing their paths as they struck Hattrem directly.

"Trem," she groaned in pain, but endured. Her eyes widened as Aerodactyl swooped downward, its wings glinting metallically.

"Shit, it has Steel Wing," I cursed. "Elekid, get in front of Hattrem and use Thunder Shock, quick!"