Chapter 5: Moment of Truth

Let me try this again. My name is Vali Shirona, a pokemon trainer. Ever since that day, when my Eevee saved my life from a rampaging Ursaring, I promised myself that I would become the greatest pokemon trainer the world has ever seen.

It was about five days later, that I started my journey to conquer eight gyms to then participate in the Indigo League.

The eight gyms are a set of trials designed to test every trainer that challenges them. Each gym has a gym leader, which every challenger has to face. If the challenger wins, then they are rewarded with a gym badge, which is proof that they conquered that gym.

The trainers who manage to beat all eight gyms are eligible for the Indigo League, a tournament for the best of the best. Whoever wins the Indigo League gets an opportunity to challenge the Kanto Champion Lance. If they win, then they become the new champion.

That was my goal, but not my only goal. I had three goals:

A. Become the Champion of any league.

B. Be the best trainer in the world.

C. And for the final, most important goal, I wanted to beat Cynthia in a battle.

Those were the things that I was striving for—the trials I had to face. And I would do all of that, with Eevee by my side.

I got ready to set out for my journey, not knowing how long I would be gone for. I decided to let Eevee sleep while I finish packing for our adventure.

Eevee and I had been spending a lot of time together, getting to know each other better. She got along with Flygon very well, and the two have been training together since then. I still had my pokemon notes from when I was younger, and conveniently, I had notes on the Eevee species. I updated them while Eevee and I practiced battling. My dad has been helping me.

By the way, Eevee's moves were Tackle, Mimic, Swift, and Attract. A pretty monotype set of moves, but probably one of the better ones when it came to Eevee. Eevee was really only able to learn Normal-type and Fairy-type moves with some exceptions.

Types are a pokemon's characteristic and affinity, if you would call it that. Each typing has weaknesses to other types. If that doesn't make sense, just think that Fire is weak to Water, and Grass is weak to Fire, and so on and so forth.

Some pokemon have dual types, but most have only one. Take Eevee for example, she's only a Normal-type. Normal-types only have one weakness: Fighting-types. It gets pretty confusing at times, but it gets easier to understand the more you try to identify them.

Anyways, I put on my clothes, which consisted of a red and black jacket that had a black Eevee symbol on the front of it, dark pants, red and white shoes for every occasion, and I topped it all off with a gray scarf. I tied my longish blonde hair into a small ponytail and looked at the mirror. My stormy gray eyes seemed to glow.

I wasn't as self-conscious about my appearance as I was before. It was just like my dad said, I wasn't anything like Cynthia.

When I was done looking at myself in the mirror, trying not to glare at myself, I grabbed my red backpack that had black straps and wore it on my back. It was time.

I poked Eevee softly. "Hey, it's time to wake up," I said gently.

She slowly opened its eyes, focusing on me as it woke up. "Veeee," she yawned.

"We're all ready to go. What about you?" I asked her.

Eevee seemed to wake up fully as I said that. She yapped enthusiastically and jumped on my shoulder, which became her favorite spot.